Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Stylecarpets
That seems along time for your car to be sitting at Dagenham when there are transport trains and transport lorries leaving every day , is your dealership telling you the truth regarding your vehicles whereabouts ?.

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Stylecarpets wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:37 pm
Vendee wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:40 pm Just received an email from my dealer. My Vignale has now reached Dagenham. I can almost smell it now :lol:
Don’t get your hopes up mines been in the country since the first week in December and ime still waiting for it
Oh that's really not good. Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping that after the intervention of the Ford UK CEO and fulfilment manager, mine might be "flagged" for priority all the way through to the dealer. After 9 weeks of storage at the plant, it took 2 days to get to Flushing and another 5 days to get to Dagenham. I was told by the above manager that it would take 2 weeks from Flushing to dealer. That gives them 9 days to accomplish that. I feel that after a shitty 7 month wait.... I might be on a roll :D

The thing is, I reckon there is capacity for 12-15k cars at Dagenham. If Andyb reckons there are 1500 arriving every day, that storage would fill to capacity in 10 days so yours must have got shunted to one side, just like mine did in Romania after it was built.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Jennif

Post by Jennif »

Another week and still no build date. 18 weeks (4 months) wait so far and all it's said all the way through is calculation no possible on build date.

Anyone with an order date around mid Sept with a 155 auto vignale order that's had an update? So bored of waiting now.

71B14DA4-3CFD-46E2-AE77-C1E6FDE691EE.png

Weeportlassie

Post by Weeportlassie »

I'm sure I've read somewhere about the cars parked at Dagenham if it fills up and the way there parked its hard to get out say a car from the middle they have to clear the new ones that's just been parked (newly off the Ro Ro) apparently it happens near the new plate dates ie...1st March.
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Weeportlassie
May I suggest you have a view of the Ford plant and the dock at Dagenham via Google earth as that’s not the case I’m afraid to say ..
Lili

Post by Lili »

Jennif wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 pm Another week and still no build date. 18 weeks (4 months) wait so far and all it's said all the way through is calculation no possible on build date.

Anyone with an order date around mid Sept with a 155 auto vignale order that's had an update? So bored of waiting now.
Hello, I'm in the same situation - order placed on 10th September (contract signed on the 15th), still no build date, claims the dealer. As per the documents I signed, the original delivery date is 2nd of February. But I'm in Bulgaria, so having in mind the logistics for me it was much more realistic to have a build and gate release dates in mid January and have the Puma with me in early Feb.

To be honest, I'm now looking at plan B - there is an Opel/Vauxhall Mokka 2021 GS line available at the local Opel/Vauxhall dealership. At this point I can get my deposit from the Ford dealer and just go and buy the Mokka and have it in my garage on the next day... This is tempting, but I'm still convinced that the Puma is the better car. Hope I will get at least a build date soon, otherwise I might make an emotional decision and switch to Opel/Vauxhall.
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Pumadave wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:57 am Weeportlassie
May I suggest you have a view of the Ford plant and the dock at Dagenham via Google earth as that’s not the case I’m afraid to say ..
That's absolutely correct. The way they are parked 50% of the cars can be moved immediately and 50% of the cars only require one other car to be moved to get them out.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Lili wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:14 pm
Jennif wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:40 pm Another week and still no build date. 18 weeks (4 months) wait so far and all it's said all the way through is calculation no possible on build date.

Hello, I'm in the same situation - order placed on 10th September (contract signed on the 15th), still no build date, claims the dealer. As per the documents I signed, the original delivery date is 2nd of February. But I'm in Bulgaria, so having in mind the logistics for me it was much more realistic to have a build and gate release dates in mid January and have the Puma with me in early Feb.

To be honest, I'm now looking at plan B - there is an Opel/Vauxhall Mokka 2021 GS line available at the local Opel/Vauxhall dealership. At this point I can get my deposit from the Ford dealer and just go and buy the Mokka and have it in my garage on the next day... This is tempting, but I'm still convinced that the Puma is the better car. Hope I will get at least a build date soon, otherwise I might make an emotional decision and switch to Opel/Vauxhall.
I feel your pain and understand your dilemma. I don't know much about the Mokka but I have to say I've not felt inspired to buy any Opel/Vauxhall since way back in 1987 when I last bought one. I think the brand is average at best.
Lili

Post by Lili »

Vendee wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:59 pm
Lili wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:14 pm

I feel your pain and understand your dilemma. I don't know much about the Mokka but I have to say I've not felt inspired to buy any Opel/Vauxhall since way back in 1987 when I last bought one. I think the brand is average at best.
Thank you , Vendee, I totally agree. All of the comparison reviews I've seen claim that the Puma is the better car. I'm not giving up on it, I'm just worried that since our market is so small and not a priority for Ford, the order might get cancelled at some point. The dealer claims that the deposit is accepted and that the car is planned to be built, let's see.
Ford Puma Titanium 125 PS A7 FWD, Desert Island Blue, Comfort pack, Winter pack, Driver's assistance pack, digital display. Ordered 15th Sept 2021. No build date yet.
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

I’d pass on the mokka Lili as well , I’ve just come from Vauxhall (for last 15 years) after owning various corsa’s , Astra’s and a mokka and much prefer the Ford range. Ok my last car 68 plate Astra 1.6t 200hp didn’t half go well and was a terrific car but newer models arnt so good . Also VX customer care is dreadful after being taken over . Lots of Astra k 1.4t owners have had engine failures for same reason (LSPI) and VX don’t want to know . No chance of any contribution outside 3 year warranty even with FSH and low miles.
I’m yet to find out what Ford aftercare is like but prob won’t know as new puma is arriving Friday and obviously under warranty.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue