Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I think if Cologne is in any way to affect Puma production, it will be a potential production stop whilst/if they decide to divert semiconductor supply to Cologne to resume production of the Fiesta for a few months. Which for us would be a bad thing as it'll add further delays.

PoliteKaren

Post by PoliteKaren »

Bluecat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:17 pm
PoliteKaren wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 pm Just thought I'd post the latest (Bull*****) from the dealer my partner has ordered her Puma from (ST Line X) (September order). This Tuesday (23rd) he said..... some Puma production has been moved from Romainia to Cologne (Germany), make of that what you will. He also said the her order has a build schedule for early December, and an expected delivery date first/second week of January, make of that what you will aswell. I did warn her at the time of ordering that she would'nt see the car any time this year, especially when she got her order form emailed to her stating that the delivery date was 1st June 2022. What makes me laugh is..... Ford now advertising that, 24 hour test drives are back, you can book your 24 hour test drive in a brand new Ford. Really!!! and where are all these brand new Fords for 24 hour test drives coming from??? This is advertised by Bristol Street Motors, conveniently where my partners car is ordered from. (You can't make it up), well, not unless your a salesman (or woman). I've told her not to build her hopes up for Jan 22. Just Saying..........
When did you place your order if you don’t mind me asking? I placed mine two weeks ago and the date on the order was 31st March. I’m not expecting it before May at the very best.

Whilst not impossible to move some production to Cologne, I just can’t see why they would? They’re not short on fiesta orders to keep the workforce going, and they’re not outputting at full tilt in Romania. Just doesn’t seem to add up to me. Both locations are constrained by the lack of semiconductors. Unless that is hidden behind internal politics there is some disquiet within Ford at the quality controls in Romania?
Hi Bluecat, ordered Puma ST Line X week 3 of September. I've contacted the dealer again this afternoon to enquire about the 1st June 2022 delivery date on the order form. He said.......... "he does'nt send out the order forms, and assured me it wont take 9 months" I also assured him it wont either. I also agree that it would be totally pointless moving any production to Cologne, just another FOB OFF from the dealer to make the Mrs think she might get it quicker. If it did'nt mean starting the waiting game all over again with a different make/model/dealer, I'd just sack the order all together. She could have had a Brand new Juke within a week at my local Nissan dealer, as they still had stock at the time. But........... never mind, I still run her where she needs to be, and will whilst this one arrives. Just hope it's worth the wait for her. :roll:
Deleted User 965

I too plan to stick it out, but I think if I got an e-mail tomorrow that said June at the earliest, then I thinking my staying power may not last.

Have you added a load of spec to your order, is it auto for example, driving assistance pack or anything?
Leaky5

Post by Leaky5 »

I had this from mine today

Right now there is no estimated build date for the Puma, however, in the last 10 days we have seen other variants of Puma given production dates that are VERY soon so once it does acquire a date I don’t think it will be long before it is built and delivered.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Last I was told they are concentrating on pre orders and the backlog must be considerable. However they soon knock then out with a number of trains leaving the factory each day.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
PoliteKaren

Post by PoliteKaren »

Bluecat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 pm I too plan to stick it out, but I think if I got an e-mail tomorrow that said June at the earliest, then I thinking my staying power may not last.

Have you added a load of spec to your order, is it auto for example, driving assistance pack or anything?
No Bluecat, Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV ST-Line X 5dr Petrol Hatchback in Magnetic. Not too sure how to take this one?!! maybe just more babble from the dealer. He also stated in the last conversation after I asked "Whats the transport/shipping procedure" He said........ that once car transporters are loaded and full from the factory, they drive direct to the UK and straight to the dealer, maybe that's true? I'm not too sure. Then he babbled on about, shortage of drivers, covid, and all the rest of it. But.............. he said my partner is (likely) to see collection from the dealer week 1/2 of Jan 2022.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

PoliteKaren wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:28 pm
Bluecat wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:28 pm I too plan to stick it out, but I think if I got an e-mail tomorrow that said June at the earliest, then I thinking my staying power may not last.

No Bluecat, Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid mHEV ST-Line X 5dr Petrol Hatchback in Magnetic. Not too sure how to take this one?!! maybe just more babble from the dealer. He also stated in the last conversation after I asked "Whats the transport/shipping procedure" He said........ that once car transporters are loaded and full from the factory, they drive direct to the UK and straight to the dealer, maybe that's true? I'm not too sure. Then he babbled on about, shortage of drivers, covid, and all the rest of it. But.............. he said my partner is (likely) to see collection from the dealer week 1/2 of Jan 2022.
Not true. The plant is in Romania. They travel across Europe to the channel ports by rail. I'm not sure if they travel through tunnel still on train or if they get moved onto car transporters then cross the channel. Here is a google maps link to the plant at Craiova showing loads of rail transporters at the plant loaded up with cars. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@44.30200 ... a=!3m1!1e3
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 965

Haha.. your dealer PoliteKaren sounds like a complete muppet. Do they just tell the work experience kid to answer the phone and improvise? Fingers crossed you get it when promised.

For anyone interested, there is a really good series of the Puma production at Craiova on the Ya'tube - from metal pressing to transporting out. Just search for Puma Craiova and select EP01 and go from there. I can't put the name here as the Romanian translation may get me banned from the forum. It's all in Romanian with English subtitles. The trains at the end look like never ending transporters but on rails. As for whether they take them to port or come through the tunnel I dunno. Once they arrive in the UK, then the driver shortage may play a small part, as may the shipping congestion if they hop them over the channel, but nothing considerable.

Leaky5, mine still has no date either. I think they're going to be building the special edition ST in the first quarter so that may put an extra blip of a delay on things. Did they allude to which cars they suddenly started prioritising? I'm not trying to jump the queue at all, but I wondered if they might bump up some of the orders that had been transitioned from the Fiesta debacle.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

You mean….
sinlessUK wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:58 pm @Ali7487 Just for you :)

Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 965

Thats the one, hadn't seen that video though before. That's epic!

Here is the one I was on about..