Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Thanks Bluecat......a waiting game I suppose. Good luck with your order, it'll be interesting to see which of us get theirs first?
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Indeed it will. I've just been scrutinising the new price list that dropped this week. I wonder if the production run on the special ST is what might push things back a bit. Says the limited run will be completed in Q1.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

lightfoot wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:36 am
SteveO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 am Hi all (......hopefully soon to be Puma ST LINE X Vignale Auto - 155bhp - Frozen White - DAP - Pan roof).

Just joined the forum where I ordered the Puma around 1 week ago and it was suggested by the dealer I would be looking at next March/April for delivery? After reading these posts I'm not sure if this is going to be the case? I note on the Ford website I can track my car once I get a VIN, can anybody tell me when the dealer is able to release this information to me?

Hi SteveO, you should note that the VIN includes the build date so I doubt if your dealer would know until it is in production.
I think the VIN only includes a letter for the year, not the month. In any case, I guess that they consider the issuing of the VIN as the start of production. I had my VIN by August but the car wasn't built until November.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Vendee wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:38 pm I think the VIN only includes a letter for the year, not the month.

See the chart below for the month.

456FD6D5-8322-4523-BDAE-2A2FAFC79813.jpeg

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

lightfoot wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:05 pm
Vendee wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:38 pm I think the VIN only includes a letter for the year, not the month.

Thanks for that. Many of the online VIN decoders are useless. A lot of them say that the 10th digit is the year code but the one you posted seems to be correct and reflects the reality of my own VIN. So using your chart, my Puma has a September 2021 manufacture date although as stated before, it was actually built on 8th November. I'm 99% sure I was given my VIN in August but the original planned build date was early September. The build slipped to November but the original VIN was retained.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Tommo56 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:42 am
SteveO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:14 am Hi all (......hopefully soon to be Puma ST LINE X Vignale Auto - 155bhp - Frozen White - DAP - Pan roof).

Just joined the forum where I ordered the Puma around 1 week ago and it was suggested by the dealer I would be looking at next March/April for delivery? After reading these posts I'm not sure if this is going to be the case? I note on the Ford website I can track my car once I get a VIN, can anybody tell me when the dealer is able to release this information to me?
Great car choice, definitely worth the wait.
Thanks Tommo56
I see you have currently got the same car I have just ordered?
How have you found it....does it drive as well as you were expecting when you ordered it?
I'm coming from an E Pace Jag which i have just sold. My wife wouldn't drive that, so we were looking for a compromise in size and the Puma is the only car that really caught my eye.
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Vendee wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:26 pm
lightfoot wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks for that. Many of the online VIN decoders are useless. A lot of them say that the 10th digit is the year code but the one you posted seems to be correct and reflects the reality of my own VIN. So using your chart, my Puma has a September 2021 manufacture date although as stated before, it was actually built on 8th November. I'm 99% sure I was given my VIN in August but the original planned build date was early September. The build slipped to November but the original VIN was retained.
Thanks for the Info Lightfoot and Vendee
This is more complicated than I first thought!......I'll give it til Christmas is over and contact the dealer for an update if they don't contact me in the meantime.
Great forum though...so helpful :)
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

SteveO wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:34 pm
Tommo56 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:42 am

Great car choice, definitely worth the wait.
Thanks Tommo56
I see you have currently got the same car I have just ordered?
How have you found it....does it drive as well as you were expecting when you ordered it?
I'm coming from an E Pace Jag which i have just sold. My wife wouldn't drive that, so we were looking for a compromise in size and the Puma is the only car that really caught my eye.
Hi. I was lucky enough to spot it on Autotrader, being sold by a Ford dealership 40 miles away, drove up for a test drive that following weekend and immediately put a deposit on it. I was trading in a 2016 BMax, so it was win win, in the sense that it was more modern, more comfy, more powerful. Decent trade-in meant it cost me under £20k.
How it will be for you, trading down(?) from a Jaguar, I'm not sure as I assume the Jaguar was more powerful. But for me it's more than fast enough, great engine noise under full acceleration up the gears, smooth auto box, enough toys in the form of the winter pack and the massage seats. Easy to park, good seat height and view (A-pillars slightly obstructive view-wise), good B&Q :D hi-fi, enough boot space especially with the megabox.
Hope you find yours as enjoyable.
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

That's good to know,thanks :D
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

My order is now showing as a 2022.25 car apparently. I was in the door literally the day before cutover though. No idea if any others will be affected.