Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:23 pm
Lmb91 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 pm I picked my puma up last Saturday with the same sos fault. I was advised I could wait or take the car. But as this didn’t affect the drive/safety side I opted to take the car. The Dealer then advised it was the modem being recalled on certain models in which they will just replace when the part comes in. Just annoying that you can’t register/connect your car to for pass app etc.

Agreed, I think they should have left it at the owner’s discretion. I have already had to go a month without a car and for this to be the reason why the wait must continue is just annoying. And as usual, no lead time on when it will be sorted. At least the car is sat at the dealership, that’s the only consolation for me, it could be worse.
Same, but Im having to pay £200 a week for hire cars right now and cant sustain that forever. This comes after the fiesta debacle where I had a car on order for 5 months only for them to shut the factory.

Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Lmb91 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 pm I picked my puma up last Saturday with the same sos fault. I was advised I could wait or take the car. But as this didn’t affect the drive/safety side I opted to take the car. The Dealer then advised it was the modem being recalled on certain models in which they will just replace when the part comes in. Just annoying that you can’t register/connect your car to for pass app etc.
Interesting to hear this lmb91 - are you getting no response from your onboard modem either?. I'm thinking this emergency fault is something to do with this as on my sync 3 software screen the modem doesn't have a id number, like its not fitted?
Is yours the same?...
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Deleted User 1393

Anyone got any information on how long this will take? Are Ford quick with their recalls usually?

I have some tough choices to make this weekend. I have to have a car within a month, so do I stick it out and wait or jump ship? I can get a Cupra Formentor for the same money right now, delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. Faster, bigger and smarter, and Seat havent messed me around like Ford have, twice.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

chrism75 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:52 am Anyone got any information on how long this will take? Are Ford quick with their recalls usually?

I have some tough choices to make this weekend. I have to have a car within a month, so do I stick it out and wait or jump ship? I can get a Cupra Formentor for the same money right now, delivered in 3 to 4 weeks. Faster, bigger and smarter, and Seat havent messed me around like Ford have, twice.
Love my Puma......Last week I had a test drive in a Formentor and must admit I've been very tempted to swap. If they came up with a decent PCP I would be very torn.... :(
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Deleted User 1393

Sparks wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:09 am
chrism75 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:52 am Anyone got any information on how long this will take? Are Ford quick with their recalls usually?

Love my Puma......Last week I had a test drive in a Formentor and must admit I've been very tempted to swap. If they came up with a decent PCP I would be very torn.... :(
It helps that my last car was a Leon Cupra which I adored. The Formentor wouldnt be the 300bhp version like the Leon was, but even so, its a really nice car, and would have the lovely DSG gearbox. Right now I have no faith in Ford at all, so im leaning on the switching option. I will see what the leasing company says on Monday. I asked them to get information from the dealer about the recall, which they tried to do on Friday, but it was late in the day and got no response. If there is no further update I will likely switch. An all but guaranteed 3 to 4 weeks is better than an unknown.
Deleted User 1393

I just got a tweet reply from @FordUK.

They confirmed it is a software issue with the internal modem, and that a software fix will be issued in the coming days. Take 'days' to mean whatever you like, since technically a month is still just 'days'.
glitterclare81

Post by glitterclare81 »

Ordered ours 12th November 2021, delivery date of May 22 came and went. Apparently in Dagenham but reading other posts, delivery could be whenever. Very very frustrating. We are due to be away in august and supposed to be taking the new car but can’t see that happening. No support from the dealership who say they don’t know anything and can’t chase it. All very frustrating but not cancelling after waiting this long. Just wish I could get more information about when it might be ready. It’s the lack of information that is the real problem
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

glitterclare81 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:17 pm Ordered ours 12th November 2021, delivery date of May 22 came and went. Apparently in Dagenham but reading other posts, delivery could be whenever. Very very frustrating. We are due to be away in august and supposed to be taking the new car but can’t see that happening. No support from the dealership who say they don’t know anything and can’t chase it. All very frustrating but not cancelling after waiting this long. Just wish I could get more information about when it might be ready. It’s the lack of information that is the real problem
Sorry to hear of your delay.
I ordered my bog standard Titanium the same time as you, and my car was available at the end of May.
There seems to be no logic to delivery times, which makes the whole scenario more exasperating.
Ford really have no idea what is happening. A total omnishambles.
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
Tbach

Post by Tbach »

Reviving this thread as it was of massive interest to me and clearly a few others a while back - it would be good to know the experiences of others waiting for a Puma, to gauge how bad my delay is!

I ordered an ST Line in late-Jan, and was told verbally end-May delivery.
Which was then changed to end-June on the paperwork.
Then end-July.
Then we had a build date, with expected delivery end-August - exciting!
Now apparently, we no longer have a build date :-(

Who knows when we'll have it.

I understand there have been loads sitting at Dagenham for weeks on end, but to now even have a build date is mildly frustrating to say the least.

It'd be interesting to hear if others have had similar (or worse) experiences.
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

Mine was a titanium with various extras ordered beginning of Dec 21 and had dates for end of May then early June then date could not be calculated. Then all of a sudden date of beginning of July and it was actually built, so hang in their. Just got to wait for it to get to me est date with dealer 20/8 but going to hold of till new ref if it arrives then, but now just happy it’s built and it will arrive with me when it does😀