Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Sarat wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:56 pm
Helmet wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:45 am Hi all
Have had news, my ST line has now arrived at my dealers, will hopefully, all being well be driving her tomorrow!!...

Sarat - must ask this, is the colour of your puma in the pictures the ford 'fantastic' red - l know your pic was taken in direct sunlight, but if it is, the colour looks a lot different then the website interpretation of the colour?....
thanks all for the kind words. The first week of driving was a pure pleasure and a lot of fun.

the colour is indeed “Fantastic red”. I think it looks brighter in this photo. Imo it's a bit deeper and a darker shade of red, ripe dark cherry, if that makes sense.
Thanks Sarat - l thought it was...did look into having mine in fantastic red but the desert island blue swung me!!
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!

Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Just as I was getting ready to go and pick my car up on Saturday dealer just rang, they will not be releasing any cars to customers due to a recall on Puma & Kuga models. I get the safety aspect but just annoying after patiently waiting for a whole 6 months. Hopefully it’s not too long till I get my hands on my Puma.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Did they say what the recall is for.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Checked my Puma Vignale, November 2021 build on the Ford site and no recall. Is it only 2022 models for this new recall.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 pm Did they say what the recall is for.
Something to do with emergency call sos system
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:58 pm
Rizmo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:15 pm Did they say what the recall is for.
Something to do with emergency call sos system
Aye, it is. Mines not worked since the day l picked it up, spoke to ford yesterday, told me not to worry, there working on it?!!....
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Im furious about this. Its not a show stopper, I'd happily take the car but not having a car really is for me, it costing me hundreds a week. My delivery was due Monday. After the mess with my Fiesta order Ive had it with Ford. I cant back out now but the Puma is my last Ford.
Lmb91

Post by Lmb91 »

I picked my puma up last Saturday with the same sos fault. I was advised I could wait or take the car. But as this didn’t affect the drive/safety side I opted to take the car. The Dealer then advised it was the modem being recalled on certain models in which they will just replace when the part comes in. Just annoying that you can’t register/connect your car to for pass app etc.
Deleted User 1393

Post by Deleted User 1393 »

Now they wont deliver cars at all. Im stuck with no car. I have to decide whether to abandon the car and get something else, absolutely NOT a Ford. An in stock lease can be with me in 3 to 4 weeks, is it likely Ford will get this sorted that quickly?
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Lmb91 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:43 pm I picked my puma up last Saturday with the same sos fault. I was advised I could wait or take the car. But as this didn’t affect the drive/safety side I opted to take the car. The Dealer then advised it was the modem being recalled on certain models in which they will just replace when the part comes in. Just annoying that you can’t register/connect your car to for pass app etc.

Agreed, I think they should have left it at the owner’s discretion. I have already had to go a month without a car and for this to be the reason why the wait must continue is just annoying. And as usual, no lead time on when it will be sorted. At least the car is sat at the dealership, that’s the only consolation for me, it could be worse.