Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Wowzz wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:41 am Finally got a projected delivery date to the dealer of June 5th. I might take that date with a pinch of salt, as it is a the Jubilee week end, but it looks as if the end is in sight! Order was placed on November 12th.
I now need to sell my Arona, and I can do without the faff of selling to a private buyer, so what have your experiences been of using the likes of Cinch, Auto Trader, Webuyanycar, etc ? At the moment Motorway are coming in with the best offer.
Tried motorway with my PX before my puma arrives as they were offering £700 more then my ford dealer were!!.........absolute rubbish is all l can say!!...clearly Motorway not interested in my PX as its a 10year old car.....didn't even reply to my phone call to them after going through the pictures and the online stuff with their site!!...
ST line X - Desert Island Blue
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!

Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Helmet wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:54 pm
Wowzz wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:41 am Finally got a projected delivery date to the dealer of June 5th. I might take that date with a pinch of salt, as it is a the Jubilee week end, but it looks as if the end is in sight! Order was placed on November 12th.
I now need to sell my Arona, and I can do without the faff of selling to a private buyer, so what have your experiences been of using the likes of Cinch, Auto Trader, Webuyanycar, etc ? At the moment Motorway are coming in with the best offer.
Tried motorway with my PX before my puma arrives as they were offering £700 more then my ford dealer were!!.........absolute rubbish is all l can say!!...clearly Motorway not interested in my PX as its a 10year old car.....didn't even reply to my phone call to them after going through the pictures and the online stuff with their site!!...
Sold my previous car with Carwow and got both my sisters to sell through there as well. All transactions were done in a matter of days, cars picked up from home and price offered was the price paid. I guess it also helps if the car looks clean and in good condition.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Sarat

Post by Sarat »

Just wanted to update everyone that today my long wait is finally over.

IMG_6765.jpeg

Ordered the car on 30 September. Now, 8,5 months later, the car is finally here. I do wish the best of luck and a loooooot of patience to everyone still waiting and hoping that the extreme delay with the shipment was a temporary thing, and now with new logistics lines, things will move smoother and faster, but who knows.

Bill Hardaway from Ford UK was particularly helpful and informative - I wish more people at Ford and the dealership communicated like he.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nice one....You can now dip into a few of the other threads.... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Sarat - very nice and looks good in that colour. I’ve been really pleased with my Titanium, it’s been worth the wait, my first month has been a case of taking lots of photos of it on various day trips - enjoy!!
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Good good Sarat - lucky for you and l hope you enjoy her. Facing placing another call in to my dealer today to try and find out more to why mine is still stuck in Dagenham!!.....
Ordered 30/1/22 - Built 18/4/22 - Sat in Dagenham yard since May - Collected 17/6/22 - To be fair it's been a wonderful car, so far!
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Hi all
Have had news, my ST line has now arrived at my dealers, will hopefully, all being well be driving her tomorrow!!...

Sarat - must ask this, is the colour of your puma in the pictures the ford 'fantastic' red - l know your pic was taken in direct sunlight, but if it is, the colour looks a lot different then the website interpretation of the colour?....
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Helmet wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:45 am Hi all
Have had news, my ST line has now arrived at my dealers, will hopefully, all being well be driving her tomorrow!!...

Sarat - must ask this, is the colour of your puma in the pictures the ford 'fantastic' red - l know your pic was taken in direct sunlight, but if it is, the colour looks a lot different then the website interpretation of the colour?....
Nice one. Got an update yesterday as well, mine arriving at the dealership this week but will probably arrange for next week collection due to schedule. Bang on 6 months.
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Helmet

Post by Helmet »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:58 pm

Nice one. Got an update yesterday as well, mine arriving at the dealership this week but will probably arrange for next week collection due to schedule. Bang on 6 months.
Nice for you too, hope you will enjoy yours as much as i now do mine! - the drive and comfort feels effortless, been a long time since l owned a ford, they were not this good back then!!.....
Sarat

Post by Sarat »

thanks all for the kind words. The first week of driving was a pure pleasure and a lot of fun.

the colour is indeed “Fantastic red”. I think it looks brighter in this photo. Imo it's a bit deeper and a darker shade of red, ripe dark cherry, if that makes sense.