Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Sarat wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:19 am
PhilipB wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 pm
Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am Got another call yesterday, same update, car is still held in Romania, nothing on when it will be transported to the U.K. so still without an expected delivery date. Beyond frustrating!!!
After regular updates of “No news”, got a call last Friday out of the blue to say it had arrived at the dealers. They reviewed the finance since it was ordered early Oct and said I could have lower monthly payments or £2K cash back, gone for the cash back. Pick it up Saturday.

This is great! Hope you are picking the car up shortly. Do you know when was yours produced and shipped? Ordered mine pretty close to your date( 30 September) and it is Titanium too. The car was manufactured on 9 March and shipped on 23 March... But sti no news as of this week...
Based on “Whereismymme.com” it showed as Shipped 16 May but I suspect it was before that as there seems to be a few days delay. Before that it was Assembly Offline since 23 Feb but I don’t know what happened in between.
Titanium 155, Magnetic, ordered 9 Oct.

PhilipB

Post by PhilipB »

Tbach wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:45 am Good morning all,

I've been following with interest this thread for some time, and very grateful for those sharing their experiences and frustrations.

I ordered a Puma ST Line in mid-January. When negotiating and ordering, the dealer stated confidently a May delivery date but I was not surprised when the paperwork arrived and stated end-June.

A couple of updates on, I'm told the system still says 'calculation not possible', which presumably means I'm still awaiting a build date.
The latest update was that they are "hoping production will begin by July".
Add in the 7-8 weeks or so to get from Romania, and we're suddenly looking at late summer which is incredibly disappointing.
I've been quite good with the dealer so far, I know it's likely Ford and not their fault, but my patience will be limited as the days go by no doubt.

I'm starting to think now that this may slip and slip, as I know some on here have been waiting 8+ months to get hold of their Puma.

I can handle the wait, I knew the situation when we ordered, but if there are any more delays I'll be pushed into a window where my current car which will be PX'd will need an MOT (and likely 2, if not 4 new tyres).
All very frustrating, as I've no idea what unexpected costs the MOT will throw up.

On the PX valuation I was wondering what the experience of some on here has been, have valuations been honoured 6, 7, 8 months later, or have people had to revalue when the Puma finally arrives?
Obviously, in the 6 months since valuation I've put some mileage on, but on the flip side if it's been through an MOT and new tyres by the time I get the Puma Id argue the value has only increased :)

Could it be at all possible that my dealer know that my PX will need an MOT and are waiting for that to be done before taking it off my hands? :roll:
Picked mine up today and 8 months and 3500 miles later the PX was honoured and I got £2000 cash back as the PCP settlement figure was a lot lower !
Titanium 155, Magnetic, ordered 9 Oct.
stephhlloydd

Post by stephhlloydd »

i've been reading this thread for some time and I am so glad I am not the only person in the same situation. Ordered my vehicle on 2nd November last year, the ST Line X, 155, Black - parking pack upgrade. I was told when I ordered that we're looking at March build time so should receive your vehicle late March early April. Car was built end of March and I still haven't got my car!!! Phoned the dealership yesterday and was told that it had reached the Dagenham compound on 30th May (last time the system was updated). Any experiences of how long it will take to get to my dealer? I honestly can't believe it has taken 11 weeks so far from the car being built.
Puma ST Line X, 155Bhp, Black, Parking Pack. Ordered November 2021, Built March 22.
wgtwiddle

Post by wgtwiddle »

stephhlloydd wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm Phoned the dealership yesterday and was told that it had reached the Dagenham compound on 30th May (last time the system was updated). Any experiences of how long it will take to get to my dealer?
Ordered mine 7th Oct. At Dagenham May 20th. 3 weeks later still nothing.
Sagalout

Post by Sagalout »

Exactly four months after ordering my Puma, I went to my dealer as I hadn't heard anything, and there is still no build date. No news at all !!!
My projected delivery was for July 2022, the salesman said I could add at least another two months on that, so August / September.
Latest reason, production backed up because some of the car transporter trains are being used to supply Ukraine (not with Pumas)
So the wait continues.
Puma ST-Line, 155ps, Agate Black, Parking pack, Rear privacy glass, Diamondbrite Premium pack.
Ordered 28th January 2022
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am Got another call yesterday, same update, car is still held in Romania, nothing on when it will be transported to the U.K. so still without an expected delivery date. Beyond frustrating!!!

Latest update from yesterday, my car is now in Holland, a bit better than held in Romania I guess. Order date was 22 Jan, build date March 18, gate released March 20th with expected delivery date April 30 but since it’s been held in Romania for as long as it has, an estimated delivery date can’t be given. At one point it was June 18th and now it’s we’ll see it when we see it. At least there’s some movement, hopefully it will be worth the wait.

ST-Line X, frozen white, auto, power tailgate, climate pack + 19 inch
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Sarat

Post by Sarat »

stephhlloydd wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm i've been reading this thread for some time and I am so glad I am not the only person in the same situation. Ordered my vehicle on 2nd November last year, the ST Line X, 155, Black - parking pack upgrade. I was told when I ordered that we're looking at March build time so should receive your vehicle late March early April. Car was built end of March and I still haven't got my car!!! Phoned the dealership yesterday and was told that it had reached the Dagenham compound on 30th May (last time the system was updated). Any experiences of how long it will take to get to my dealer? I honestly can't believe it has taken 11 weeks so far since the car was built.
I had luck contacting Ford UK customer support. Bill Hardaway, Order Fulfilment Manager got back to me and was really helpful. He said it should not take longer than two weeks for the car to get to the dealership - now chasing mine to provide further updates.

As to delays, it seems to be true: the Romanian railway has historically been notoriously slow and is now over capacity to fulfil transportation needs just to Ukraine, so Ford had to re-arrange the supply lines to transport cars through Europe on trucks.
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

Well had update from dealer build date of 20/5 slipped to 24/6 and now has calculation not possible, so no idea again when things will move again☹️
Seriously now thinking of giving up and cancelling order and going elsewhere.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Very frustrating Sheepdog. Before cancelling I would check lots of dealers for new stock and almost new Pumas. Hope you get sorted soon.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sheepdog

Post by Sheepdog »

After calming down, will give it a little more time to see if date updates again before making rash decision as really want the car and the spec and extras I ordered. Good thing was dealer said no deposit and can cancel up to just before it’s built with no worries as he would just use build slot for another customer.