Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Stan69 - it’s worth the wait, had mine a week now and 350 miles in and I’m very pleased with it, an excellent motorway car and the mega box is much more than just a gimmick. The painful 6 month wait is long forgotten now!

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:45 pm Stan69 - it’s worth the wait, had mine a week now and 350 miles in and I’m very pleased with it, an excellent motorway car and the mega box is much more than just a gimmick. The painful 6 month wait is long forgotten now!
Joining the club on Saturday morning AMS1969, so looking forward to my first drive home from the dealers and along the M4👍
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

SteveO wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:03 pm
AMS1969 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:45 pm Stan69 - it’s worth the wait, had mine a week now and 350 miles in and I’m very pleased with it, an excellent motorway car and the mega box is much more than just a gimmick. The painful 6 month wait is long forgotten now!
Joining the club on Saturday morning AMS1969, so looking forward to my first drive home from the dealers and along the M4👍
Enjoy the first drive, for me picking up a new car for the first time is still one of life’s greatest pleasures!
Tendai_R_Nzob

Post by Tendai_R_Nzob »

Ordered mine Jan 22, expected June then got a call from dealer saying production was completed on the 19th of March, expected delivery 30th of April. On the 25th of April I was advised that there were delays with transportation so the new delivery date would be the 18th of June. On the 4th of May I then got another call from the dealer saying the car was still in Romania again citing transportation issues potentially due to the situation in Ukraine. No delivery date given at this point, considering cancelling order as I need a car from June.

Ford Puma ST-Line X, Frozen white, 19 inch alloys, power tailgate + climate pack. Auto
White ST Line X, with keyless entry, power tailgate & 19” alloys.
Sarat

Post by Sarat »

Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:48 pm Ordered mine Jan 22, expected June then got a call from dealer saying production was completed on the 19th of March, expected delivery 30th of April. On the 25th of April I was advised that there were delays with transportation so the new delivery date would be the 18th of June. On the 4th of May I then got another call from the dealer saying the car was still in Romania again citing transportation issues potentially due to the situation in Ukraine. No delivery date given at this point, considering cancelling order as I need a car from June.

Ford Puma ST-Line X, Frozen white, 19 inch alloys, power tailgate + climate pack. Auto
this sounds similar to my case, although my car was completed on 9 March and shipped on 22 March. citing situation in Ukraine (I am myself from Ukraine originally) is kind of ridiculous. Production delays is one thing and understandable from that perspective,, but they are not explaining how it affects the shippment exactly. What’s more enraging is that there is no clear Ford orders’ queue. Clearly, some cars are getting shipped to the UK. Many on this forum have had their cars shipped and delivered within this time frame, having ordered later…. Very frustrating and does not sound fair at all…
Portred

Post by Portred »

Mine is so close yet so far. Has been sitting at Liverpool since 6th April waiting to be transported to my dealer in N Ireland. Pushed out EtA now 4th June due to problems at the docks
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

20220520_152633.jpg

Dealer phoned this morning to say I could pick it up today - a day earlier than arranged. Happy days - well chuffed😀😀
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Very nice. 👍🏻
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Sarat wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am
Tendai_R_Nzob wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:48 pm Ordered mine Jan 22, expected June then got a call from dealer saying production was completed on the 19th of March, expected delivery 30th of April. On the 25th of April I was advised that there were delays with transportation so the new delivery date would be the 18th of June. On the 4th of May I then got another call from the dealer saying the car was still in Romania again citing transportation issues potentially due to the situation in Ukraine. No delivery date given at this point, considering cancelling order as I need a car from June.

this sounds similar to my case, although my car was completed on 9 March and shipped on 22 March. citing situation in Ukraine (I am myself from Ukraine originally) is kind of ridiculous. Production delays is one thing and understandable from that perspective,, but they are not explaining how it affects the shippment exactly. What’s more enraging is that there is no clear Ford orders’ queue. Clearly, some cars are getting shipped to the UK. Many on this forum have had their cars shipped and delivered within this time frame, having ordered later…. Very frustrating and does not sound fair at all…
Similar story here. Car ordered 25th October and predicted delivery date was April. Car was actually built on the 16th March but update from the dealer this week is that currently it is still in Romania. Possibly July delivery now!!
What's even more annoying (although not particularly surprising), is that the original px price for my trade in is not being honoured and the deal will be reassessed when the Puma arrives. By then my settlement will be less so this may soften the blow but there's a high chance I may walk away from this car.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

They look best in Frozen White, great choice...
Bridgend, spent most of my early summers there as that's where my Mother was from.....Happy days. :)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.