Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

AprilMoon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:16 am I finally picked up my Puma Vignale yesterday :D

It was 9 months from order to collection but well worth the wait!

The only gripe so far is the passenger front headrest; it’s so steep (leaning forwards) it’s very uncomfortable for anyone sitting in the passenger seat . I need to have a look later to see if I can fix this.
I noticed that myself yesterday when the wife was driving. Years ago that sort of thing was adjustable. I do hate having my head pushed forward like that. Reading around, it seems like its tilted forward to reduce neck injury during a crash.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

AprilMoon

Post by AprilMoon »

Vendee It’s strange; the drivers headrest is not like that. I’m thinking of taking it off and putting it on backwards.
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

Any advice guys much appreciated. Will the ford pass app tell me if car is still sitting in Craiova
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Bluecat wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:51 pm Thanks guys.. great minds and all that.. I’ve been writing a letter for the last couple of hours and just jumped on here to pop an update on to see all the support.. and suggestions to e-mail Lisa too.. So thank you all!

I have done so now, and copied in Bill too. My situation is a bit different in that I originally ordered a Fiesta in August, that went bits up and the dealer (former dealer) were woeful. So I moved to another dealer, order the Puma and the same mess started to unfold again.

So I wanted to get it all off my chest, into an e-mail and see if I can get a warm, fuzzy feeling from someone tomorrow that makes me want to stick it out. I really want the car, providing it’s in good nick when it gets here. My alternative is go a bit more safe and put an order in on a Yaris GR Sport. My reasons for trying to avoid a new car in the summer are complicated by a long holiday and drawing down the finance a bit too close to a re-mortgage.

If it makes the train in two weeks and comes pretty quickly thereafter, all is good providing there’s no wear and tear from sitting. It’s just if it starts to creep towards June/July, ordering the Yaris for a November delivery and at £6K less becomes a much more sensible option. Not an ST I know, but……
A bit off topic but I have recently done a remortgage and the pending new car did cause a couple of issues but once I’d explained it then they just counted it as a future commitment and made no issue at all., I was impressed how helpful they were
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Silverfox wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 pm Any advice guys much appreciated. Will the ford pass app tell me if car is still sitting in Craiova
Has your Titanium been built? I’m hoping mine will still be built on the 31st but will see - it sure how you track them these days?
Bec23

Post by Bec23 »

AMS1969 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:32 pm
Silverfox wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 pm Any advice guys much appreciated. Will the ford pass app tell me if car is still sitting in Craiova
Has your Titanium been built? I’m hoping mine will still be built on the 31st but will see - it sure how you track them these days?
My build date is 31st too. What date have you been given for delivery?
AGATE BLACK METALLIC PUMA ST-LINE 2022 😍
Ordered 14.10.21
Built 31.03.22
Collecting 16.05.22 :D
Linery0

Post by Linery0 »

Big thanks to Vendee, for the Lisa Brankin email address. My August Vignale order, that was gate released 2nd week in Feb and sat in Craiova for weeks, i emailed Lisa Brankin last night. She got back to me this morning to say that her team will find out what's going on. 2hrs later i have been told that it's in Liverpool as of yesterday, and it will be with the dealer next week. So 1st week in April will be 33 weeks from order to pick up. So anyone else who hasn't been informed then get in touch with her. My dealer still hasn't told me that it was in Liverpool yesterday.
Markx

Post by Markx »

Well I finally picked mine up yesterday,puma st in mean green .I had a 100 mile journey to pick up but it was well worth it it gave me a good chance to try it out on the way home and I got to say it was a awesome drive I even found the Ford performance seats great …ordered on the 2nd December picked up 24th March really happy…

57A15E2E-04D5-450F-90F2-6EC3C37D17A8.jpeg

6FA01896-42B2-497F-B7E9-094D82458DEB.jpeg

63B57FD9-F661-4429-A56E-E5AED0C552DF.jpeg

Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Don't think so. You have to be next to the car to pair with it.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox »

AMS1969, titanium is built and gate released, got the transport logistics side of it to contend with now. Got ETA to dealer 30th April of salesman yesterday. Dont hold my breath on that one