Puma delayed again

All Ford Puma related discussions
AMS1969

Post by AMS1969 »

Silverfox wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:59 pm Got vin number today, car getting built next week.Titanium automatic with winter pack
That’s good news!! Still nothing as yet but hopefully next week or so, I did buy a keyring for it today though!

Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Having ordered my Puma ST Line Vignale, Agate Black on 17th August 2021, it's finally at the dealers. So far it's had it's PDI, just waiting for the DVLA to transfer my plate.
What a long time to wait, hope this doesn't happen again. Hopefully should pick it up soon.
The dealer has honoured the original deal, which is really good, as Ford have increased the price twice since I ordered it in August.

20220309_163313.jpg

Puma ST Line Vignale 155 Agate Black.
Ordered 17th August 2021, took delivery March 18th 2022.
Markx

Post by Markx »

Well my puma is now sat at Dagenham holding compound,should have got to dealers last weekend but delayed because problems with logistics . Hopefully now it will be this weekend but I’ve been told now it’s up to month delay at Dagenham so i am keeping my fingers crossed.. :roll:
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Zorro wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:29 am Having ordered my Puma ST Line Vignale, Agate Black on 17th August 2021, it's finally at the dealers. So far it's had it's PDI, just waiting for the DVLA to transfer my plate.
What a long time to wait, hope this doesn't happen again. Hopefully should pick it up soon.
The dealer has honoured the original deal, which is really good, as Ford have increased the price twice since I ordered it in August.
Zorro, you say your dealer has honoured the original deal and intimate you are fortunate he has done so, but my view is the contract you signed on the order date is the price you pay and should not be amended by any dealer, as I would assume they would also agree a contract price with Ford at that time.
Has anybody else got a view on this as my car is due next month and I certainly don't want to bevm paying more than my contract price?
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Further delay to my Puma delivery and for some reason, the order information is only showing 11 characters of the VIN - anyone know why that might be?
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's exactly that, a legal contract. If for some reason the price was reduced by a couple of grand you would still pay the original agreed and signed for price, I think.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:14 pm It's exactly that, a legal contract. If for some reason the price was reduced by a couple of grand you would still pay the original agreed and signed for price, I think.
Got to agree - they agree a price which confirms the order. If you ordered a TV from a company and it took longer than expected and the price went up, they wouldn't charge you more when the TV was delivered. They agree a selling price and a purchase price for your car if part exchanging. The contract is written up, deposit paid, and away you go - they can't amend it from that point.
Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 | Magnetic | DAP
w36613

Post by w36613 »

In my experience, the dealers do honour the contract price. We ordered a Titanium back in November and prior to our booked test drive, the dealer rang us to say they had advanced notice of a price increase and did we want to pay a deposit to book the pre-rise price.

They also gave us a trade in price guaranteed for 6 months (or whenever the car is ready but the estimate was May) and said they will review it 4 weeks before delivery but that it would ONLY change if in our favour. We also have the option to sell privately prior to getting the new car if we get a better deal. Believe it or not, with my last 2 car changes, WBAY have actually given me more than the dealer trade-in value.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

w36613, can you name and give the location of your dealer in the appropriate thread.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Andyb

Post by Andyb »

ImageDealer can only see the first 11 letters and numbers of the VIN on the Ford detail screen. I have a screen shot of my order which I have amended as don't want to show some of the personal details, so don't worry you can't see the full number. As for price, a contract is exactly that, so can't go up.

IMG_20220310_164114.jpg