Ford Service Plan

All Ford Puma related discussions
Puma1959

Post by Puma1959 »

Paid £239 for Ford service plan. It clearly states that it covers 1st annual inspection at 12 months & first scheduled service at 2 years, 18000 miles. It also says additional roadside assistance to be applied at 1st inspection & at first service by dealer. It appears that my local dealer is unaware of these plans as I was told it would cost £66 even with plan , even though I showed them a copy of the plan. After telling them I don’t need to pay. They disappeared for 15 minutes, then came back and said they would do it free of charge and add the additional roadside assistance. They say Ford have got it wrong and it shouldn’t be coming into the dealers until it is two years old.
Anyone else had this problem?
Ford Puma 1.0 St Line X Vignale Lucid Red.

Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Hi, it is not uncommon, even the major dealers are not up to speed. When I booked mine in for the first year convenience check they doubted that was covered but I got Ford Protect to email them direct educating them. No problem going forward.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

My dealer tried to tell me that the convenience check wasn't included. Apparently they sell their own version (??). I told them to take it up with Ford as it wasn't my problem. I got a call back saying it was all OK and free of charge with Ford assist renewal.
The convenience check takes them literally 20 minutes, I'm sure Ford know this and pays them accordingly, hence them not liking it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
FF33

Post by FF33 »

My dealer tried this with me as well. Told me my service plan only included the 2 year service. I forwarded them the email from Ford that clearly stated the plan included Both the 1 year inspection and 2 year service. They told me I could either pay for the convenience check and get the service free or get the check for free and pay for the service! Told them to check with Ford Protect, as I had already done, and eventually got them to acknowledge that I was entitled to both. My check is booked for tomorrow so will go armed with copies of all correspondence to be on the safe side. Good luck….
Puma1959

Post by Puma1959 »

FF33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:31 pm My dealer tried this with me as well. Told me my service plan only included the 2 year service. I forwarded them the email from Ford that clearly stated the plan included Both the 1 year inspection and 2 year service. They told me I could either pay for the convenience check and get the service free or get the check for free and pay for the service! Told them to check with Ford Protect, as I had already done, and eventually got them to acknowledge that I was entitled to both. My check is booked for tomorrow so will go armed with copies of all correspondence to be on the safe side. Good luck….
Exactly what what I was told at dealers this morning. I could either pay for the 1st year inspection or I’d have to pay for the 2nd year service. It clearly states the plan covers both, so what is their argument. The Ford plan is obviously cheaper than the dealers.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Participating dealer is the key words, there's a list posted on a similar thread, check it out before you book your service 👍🙂
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

BjNtheBear wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm Participating dealer is the key words, there's a list posted on a similar thread, check it out before you book your service 👍🙂
Mine was on the 'Participating' Dealer list but still argued the toss....

animated-quarrel-image-0008.gif

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
FF33

Post by FF33 »

BjNtheBear wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm Participating dealer is the key words, there's a list posted on a similar thread, check it out before you book your service 👍🙂
Yep did that before I bought the plan and my local one is listed. The dealers all seem keen to sell their own service club, which is way more expensive than the Ford Protect one. I’d like to think they’re just ignorant about what the plan includes but I suspect it’s more likely trying to rip people off.
Puma1959

Post by Puma1959 »

Mine also a participating dealer.
Mike

Post by Mike »

look forward to this discussion with the dealer soon, along with the one about the scratch from the last time it was in.
If my memory is correct i was given 49.95 convenience check price and 299 for 1st service, that is why i also took the service plan out.
At the end of the day it is a 20min look over and then an oil change and another quick look over at 2yrs plus the cost of roadside assistance which i am sure ford will be getting a good deal on.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )