dilemma or opportunity?

All Ford Puma related discussions
paulv

Post by paulv »

Firstly let me say I love my Puma, which is why the dilemma

because of the current chip issue I'm finding that I can make around £8k profit (£25k total) if I trade my car in right now for another. I'm fairly certain in a couple of months this will diminish greatly as more cars are produced

do I trade my lovely car in now or just carry on driving it until i want to change?

I have driven Fords all my life but as I'm feeling the urge to go electric now, and don't need a mach e, there is no other ford full electric available, and none on the horizon from what i can see, so I would probably be looking at a VW ID3 or maybe Hyundai Kona E
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Electric Puma rumoured for 2023. If you cash in now it's almost impossible to get a new car for many months. It's a tough choice
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

paulv wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:39 pm Firstly let me say I love my Puma, which is why the dilemma

because of the current chip issue I'm finding that I can make around £8k profit (£25k total) if I trade my car in right now for another. I'm fairly certain in a couple of months this will diminish greatly as more cars are produced

do I trade my lovely car in now or just carry on driving it until i want to change?

I have driven Fords all my life but as I'm feeling the urge to go electric now, and don't need a mach e, there is no other ford full electric available, and none on the horizon from what i can see, so I would probably be looking at a VW ID3 or maybe Hyundai Kona E
Over the past week or so we have pondered the same dilemma, and it's all down to the mpg the auto is getting.

I feel like if we were to change then with the way prices are atm, it would have to be pretty much now or never. We wouldn't make a profit but would get back what we have put into the car.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Think alot of people are looking at going electric,petrol shortage etc
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Other side of the coin, energy prices on the increase (as well as petrol/deisel) which way do you go? think I'll keep my petrolhead on for the mo 👍👎😁
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue