Finally got rid of Puma!

All Ford Puma related discussions
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

After 500 miles in 5 days, with 200 miles on the last day, the new Varta battery was stone dead 6 hours later. Managed to open door but wouldn't start. Got Ford Assist to take car straight to dealer without jumping it. Later advised no fault found, other than flat battery. So, as I have the worst new car I've ever had the misfortune to own, I sold it back to them there and then.
As there are ridiculous delivery times for all new cars I've gone with a Volvo Care Flexible Subscription on an XC40 B4 Inscription Pro. Delivery of the brand new vehicle guaranteed within 30 days. Fortunately I've driven them previously so reasonably happy with the choice until the market normalises.

PS. I had previously left the forum but have returned to give you this update.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I looked at the Volvo Care Flexible Subscription...For me it wasn't a financially sound choice the monthly payments pan out to more than I'm currently spending even with everything included.
Anyway Enjoy your new motor....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JFDIT

Post by JFDIT »

@Sparks, don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Volvo Care Subscription is financially or in anyway more desirable than ownership. But, I had a car that's had issues, and I'm not prepared to drive a motor that can pack up at anytime with a flat battery. Given I can't actually "buy" anything new any time soon, VW reckon June delivery with following wind, Land Rover at least 12 months, it seemed a quick fix to get me outta this mess. I look upon it as a long test drive! Fortunately I have the wife's car to conscript into service until the XC40 arrives.
Good luck everyone with your batteries, but I can confirm in my case there is a charging issue that certainly gets worse with distance on a single journey.
Mike

Post by Mike »

I like the xc40, too wide for my garage though.
Waiting times will only get longer I think, been to Ford today and they only had 2 brand new cars on site.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )