Possible new owner, reassurance needed!

All Ford Puma related discussions
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

We were just about to order a new Puma for my wife when I made the mistake of googling Puma problems and it directed me here where it seem there are a few issues with the Puma so I guess my question is has anyone purchased one and not had an issue and are happy with their purchase.

I don't want to buy into problems after issues with a VW T Roc R last year.
Last edited by 182_blue on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robgee

Post by robgee »

Lots of us have Pumas that there have only been a few software issues which Ford has rectified with updates and have been seen as teething problems, newer builds dont seem to have the software issues as the updates have already been applied.

I am happy with mine after 18 months use , you will always find forums are where people highlight the issues they have had but most Puma owners dont have issues as they car would not sell as well.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

Thanks for the reply, we are just about to order an Auto ST line if that makes a difference, its good to know you like yours though.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

182_blue wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:10 am We were just about to order a new Puma for my wife when I made the mistake of googling Puma problems and it directed me here where it seem there are a few issues with the Puma so I guess my question is has anyone purchased one and not had an issue and are happy with their purchase.

I don't want to buy into problems after issues with a VW T Roc R last year.
As Rob says, forums highlight problems....I had the battery issue, but, nothing else. I'm enjoying owning the Puma and would recommend one to anyone.
As you have experienced, every manufacturer has problems.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

Thanks for the reply, we are just about to order an Auto ST line if that makes a difference, its good to know you like yours though.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Fully loaded Titanium Auto bought new over 12 months ago. I have had two issues, the first one was an alarming sound from the rear of the car and immediately drove to the dealer. It turns out I had picked up a sticky piece of cardboard on the rear offside wheel which made a sound that a major component failure :D The other is phantom active braking in the driver assistance pack. I have set the sensitivity to Low and touch wood hasn't happened again. What I love is the smooth 7 DCT Auto, the active cruise control, the panoramic roof and all the toys. Massive improvement over my previous new C-Max Auto.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Fully loaded Titanium Auto bought new over 12 months ago. I have had two issues, the first one was an alarming sound from the rear of the car and immediately drove to the dealer. It turns out I had picked up a sticky piece of cardboard on the rear offside wheel which made a sound like a major component failure :D The other is phantom active braking in the driver assistance pack. I have set the sensitivity to Low and touch wood hasn't happened again. What I love is the smooth 7 DCT Auto, the active cruise control, the panoramic roof and all the toys. Massive improvement over my previous new C-Max Titanium X Auto.
182_blue

Post by 182_blue »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:01 am Fully loaded Titanium Auto bought new over 12 months ago. I have had two issues, the first one was an alarming sound from the rear of the car and immediately drove to the dealer. It turns out I had picked up a sticky piece of cardboard on the rear offside wheel which made a sound like a major component failure :D The other is phantom active braking in the driver assistance pack. I have set the sensitivity to Low and touch wood hasn't happened again. What I love is the smooth 7 DCT Auto, the active cruise control, the panoramic roof and all the toys. Massive improvement over my previous new C-Max Titanium X Auto.
Thanks, that's also hopefull.
FF33

Post by FF33 »

Bought mine November last year and have had no problems whatsoever. Like you I was concerned at the issues being reported here, but remember that people tend to post when something’s wrong, not when everything’s alright. There are a fair few Pumas on the road now and the bad experiences here will probably equate to a very small percentage. I’m really pleased with mine…ticked all the boxes for me and is a joy to drive. If you do decide to go ahead, enjoy.
Derek33

Post by Derek33 »

I have a 125 Titanium Auto with a few extras, collected October 2020 so nearly a year old and with 5000 miles completed. Very happy with the car and no problems its a dream to own and drive, don't be put off with what you read. Enjoy your new car.
Ford Puma ST-Line X Vignale 155 Automatic MHEV 2023
Desert Island Blue, Power Tailgate.
Previous model:
Ford Puma Titanium 125 Automatic 2020
Magnetic.