All electric Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Ford will build an Puma electric variant in 2023, this from a Romanian newspaper. No further details available.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Late to the party as ever Ford...I'll have moved on to another manufacturer by then....
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 pm Ford will build an Puma electric variant in 2023, this from a Romanian newspaper. No further details available.
I don't know whether or not this is connected but hope it may be of interest:
https://www.drivingelectric.com/ford/11 ... rns-to-evs
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

MagneticGrey wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:28 pm I don't know whether or not this is connected but hope it may be of interest:
Nothing to do with Puma. That is a VW ID.3/ID.4 with Ford body on top and made in Germany not Romania.
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

Chocky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:01 pm
MagneticGrey wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:28 pm I don't know whether or not this is connected but hope it may be of interest:
Nothing to do with Puma. That is a VW ID.3/ID.4 with Ford body on top and made in Germany not Romania.
When the Romanian built electric Puma comes out, it will be interesting to see whose platform it is built on :) .
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 pm Late to the party as ever Ford...I'll have moved on to another manufacturer by then....
I have to disagree. When electric cars first came out the range was woeful - 150 miles per charge if you were lucky - plus the charging infrastructure wasn't really there. To get a decent range you have to spend north of 40k.

Fast forward - battery technology has come on in leaps and bounds. Charging points springing up everywhere. Range has increased to 250-300 and for a decent price of car.

Probably the best time to develop a new electric car.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Curryhouse wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:21 am
Sparks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:10 pm Late to the party as ever Ford...I'll have moved on to another manufacturer by then....
I have to disagree. When electric cars first came out the range was woeful - 150 miles per charge if you were lucky - plus the charging infrastructure wasn't really there. To get a decent range you have to spend north of 40k.

Fast forward - battery technology has come on in leaps and bounds. Charging points springing up everywhere. Range has increased to 250-300 and for a decent price of car.

Probably the best time to develop a new electric car.
Why are you disagreeing? I was referring to Ford not electric cars in general. Ford is behind many other manufacturers when it comes to full electric vehicles....I don't want to spend E-Mach money, nor, do I suspect, do many others.
As I said, by the time Ford joins the party, I'll have moved on to another manufacturer probably.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

We will see what the other manufacturers have to rival the rumoured cheaper Tesla 'Model 2', but for infrastructure alone Tesla is the only EV brand to go for imo.
***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

Seen this? Remarkable resemblance to the Puma from certain viewpoints…
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/354 ... 3-pictures
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:32 pm Seen this? Remarkable resemblance to the Puma from certain viewpoints…
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/354 ... 3-pictures
Looks good! I might be interested in one of these in a couple of years, if it drives well enough and isn't overpriced.