New car issues

All Ford Puma related discussions
anon09

Post by anon09 »

Has anyone bought a 71 plate puma? I was supposed to collect mine last Tuesday, I’ve bought the ST Line-X in agate black. Everything seemed all good to go, all documents etc signed with no issues.
On my way to pick it up I got a call to say I couldn’t collect it as there was an issue taxing it. They initially didn’t have any more information but a follow up call the day after confirmed that there was an issue with the cars WVTA data so it couldn’t be registered.
Nobody seems to know how long this is likely to take & I’m running out of places to ask. Any advice or experiences would be welcomed.

Thankyou!

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Don't follow that. It's definitely got type approval so must be a computer or paperwork glitch. I presume you are referring to your dealer who should be emailing you constant updates; it sounds ridiculous. Think it's a first on this forum.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
anon09

Post by anon09 »

I feel like I’m chasing my tail. I’m not getting answers from anywhere! I feel like I’m getting fobbed off, just being told that they’ll call me with updates as and when they have them - but I’ve not heard anything unless I call. Nobody seems to have a clue what is happening.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Can you go and visit the dealer and see your car. Turn up, don't tell them first. There is some info on WVTA if you google it.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
anon09

Post by anon09 »

I’ve seen it, it’s there all detailed and ready to go. I’ve had a look but can’t make much sense of it other than it’s related to emissions. I’ll try to figure out what it actually is a little more.
Thankyou
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

anon09, I took delivery of my car on 1st Sep, having ordered it on 3 Jul. It had been ordered as a stock model, but I managed to get it allocated to me about the time it was built. I’ve had no such issues like you, all mine came during the period from ordering to the day it was delivered!
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
anon09

Post by anon09 »

Mine was in the showroom so I know it’s there - I think that’s the more frustrating bit!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

If you have paid for the car it should not be in the showroom. It should be locked at least but would a salesman if asked give access to a punter possibly leading to a sale. They could be looking after you a bit better. Keep at them and if you can check the mileage. When you do get it sorted try for some free servicing, spare wheel or full tank of fuel. If you don't ask you won't get. Good luck.
anon09

Post by anon09 »

They’ve already agreed to a full tank of fuel, I agreed for it to go in the showroom whilst it was waiting for detailing etc so I don’t mind that and at least I know it’s there. I’m just getting frustrated now. Thankyou for your advice everyone.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Good luck anon09, bit of a nail biter for you but the reward will soon be there.