Passenger door rattle

All Ford Puma related discussions
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Passenger door on my Puma is rattling a bit and it looks to me as if the door lock needs to be tightened by about 1mm as it is slightly high when it is closed (I can feel that it is slighly out from the rear door.

Dealer will want to keep it all day to look at it and I will need to arrange lifts too and from, so if I can fix it myself fairly easily, I would rather do so.

The locks look like a pretty standard type - anyone ever done this who could tell me the best was to do it?

Thanks

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The door rattle is usually related to other things like a bracket for an air bag or speaker, I can't remember but again there is a lot of related stuff on this forum. Best do a search.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Thanks Rizmo. The door stands about 1mm proud and the rattle does sound a bit heavy, more like a slightly loose door than an internal component. If I can't adjust the lock myself I'll just book it into the dealer to sort under warranty.

I've had rattles in previous cars related to window mechanisms and speakers and they sound a bit different.