Any one purchased a new Puma via CARWOW?

All Ford Puma related discussions
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

I'm keen to find out if, like me, any forum members have purchased a Puma from a Ford dealer, via CARWOW, and if they thought it was a good or bad decision.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Yes, I went down the Carwow route and have dealt with my chosen dealer since. Ordered mid July and the build date has been put back 3 times. Really frustrating despite getting a good discount through Carwow, can't criticize anybody so far as Ford are apparently still short of microchips. Got to try and stay positive.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Try UK car Discount. Can work out cheaper than Carwow. It did for me.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

My choice of dealer was made mainly because, from the offers received via CARWOW, the dealership (60 miles away in Kent) was the closest and the website stated that it had the model I wanted in stock at a price only slightly above other offers. I placed the order on 3 Jul with what I thought was my chosen dealer, only to find out that sales via CARWOW were handled by the headquarters of a motor group in Northampton! They did , however, offer a free delivery service, but after further investigation, I found out that the car would be delivered to their preparation site just south of Coventry, and the free delivery service would involve a delivery company driver driving the car to my house along 150 miles of motorway. It also turned out that the ‘stock’ model was not in stock, but had been ordered for stock; it was due delivery at the prep site on 14 Aug and the dealership in Kent had nothing whatsoever to do with the car. I ended up paying extra for the car to be transported to my house in East Sussex and am now not happy as any warranty issues may be difficult to resolve. The car was delivered in excellent condition and I have no problems as yet!
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

The warranty has nothing to do with the dealer you bought the car from in as much as you can go to any dealer and have warranty work done.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

This sounds like the Allen Ford group. That's my dealer and the prep centre is in or near Daventry where they have a Ford dealership and I will collect mine from there. It's a three and a half hour drive for me of almost two hundred miles but I would rather do this so I can check the car myself, the best I can anyway. I don't want somebody wringing it's neck via a home delivery. I have a good Ford dealer in the North East who will look after my car. No need to revisit the supplying dealer.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

SSCosRs, I you don't mind how much did you pay for delivery, I assume your's arrived by low loader. Who knows what the weather will be like in mid November when I'm due to collect mine and there's always the possibility of another lock down to save Xmas. I need all my options on the table.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I learn't from using Carwow that once you get a list of offers choose the best then contact the nearest dealer to you on the list and ask them to match. Send a screenshot as proof. I tried this with my nearest dealer and was rejected right away. So the next nearest was Allen Ford and they agreed to match. After that it's all about collection or delivery. I saved almost fourteen hundred on my local dealer offer so think I can afford the long trip for collection. It's a personal choice and this was mine.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I just use the carwow price to help me negotiate a deal with my local dealer. Worked well for my last 2 or 3 new cars.

It's handy to have an idea of how they will go before you finally pull the trigger
NFFC

Post by NFFC »

Total waste of time, ordered my new kuga first edition from them, one left in the country paid my deposit etc signed forms for delivery September 2020.Job done as far as I was concerned 100 mile round trip to the Carlow dealership.

Contacted them again in august to check already for collection 1st September, to be told they will chase up the order.Did not hear anything after a few days so contacted them again, to be told they had sold the car to someone else.Which as you can imagine does not go down well, they did offer eventually to build a new one.But this would mean another wait of January 2021 earliest but could be longer.So gave up with them lost total trust in the dealership, also read someone else had the same thing done to them.

Best thing to do is keep clear, total shambles in my opinion. Don’t get caught out on the so savings, use them as a haggling to local dealer.Good luck sorting your new car out.

Got a great deal on my Kuga ST LIne X and a lot cheaper locally in the end.
Ford Puma ST Line Red 125bhp