Any one purchased a new Puma via CARWOW?

All Ford Puma related discussions
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Rizmo, I agree that I will have to suck it up, but I feel that I was misled right from the start about the supplying dealer and never given a reason, despite repeatedly asking, why I couldn’t collect the car myself; it just doesn’t make sense as you say.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

As I said, give me some time and I'll get back to you. This subject is obviously of interest to others also.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

SSCosRs, Did you check the mileage on delivery.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Rizmo, it had 9.8 miles on the odometer, had been well prepared (believe me, I’m picky) and I could find no faults or defects; I was happy to sign the low loader driver’s tablet to say I was satisfied.
Thinking about my purchasing experience, when I put my spec requirements into CARWOW, I received about 10 offers. I have 2 Ford dealers within a 10 mile radius of where I live, but they are not part of the CARWOW scheme, so the nearest to me, operating via CARWOW, were 3 dealerships, one in Crayford, South London, one in Gravesend, West Kent and the other in Sittingbourne, East Kent (I found out later that they were all part of Allen Ford). They are all roughly 60 miles from my home so I chose the Gravesend dealer, as although their offer was not the best (the difference was small) they were showing that the model I wanted was in stock. I phoned the number in the offer, spoke to a salesman, and the deal was done. At this point, I thought I was speaking to a salesman in Gravesend. I subsequently found out from the phone area code that the salesman was actually in Northampton! When I asked the salesman about the anomaly, he said that their offers through CARWOW were dealt with by Allen Ford’s HQ in Northampton, and the dealer in Gravesend had absolutely nothing to do with the transaction. By this time I had ordered and paid for the car; I should mention that I had sold my Skoda Karoq and needed a car to get to a wedding on 4 Sep, so having the Puma in stock was a real driver for me. I wasn’t happy with the situation, but with the pressing need for a car, I decided to go ahead with the deal. I then found out about their preparation site in Long Itchington and how their delivery system worked. The rest of this saga I’ve recounted in previous posts.
Since you accepted the offer on CARWOW, have you dealt only with the Daventry dealer and had nothing to do with the Northampton HQ. I can only think that if that’s the case, you are able to collect your car from the dealer direct, and not get involved in the shenanigans I’ve had to endure.
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Everything goes through Northampton and Daventry is just a few miles west and a little further west is the prep station so it shouldn't be a problem for me providing I can collect. In two months it's never been suggested that it will be delivered. You also were happy with the car on delivery which means they are good at prepping new cars so that's a plus. I talk to them regularly and get lots of email replies to my many questions. These are printed for future reference. It's the wait that's the problem .I would hate to pull the plug for any reason but there are limits.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've bought 5 cars over the last 25 years from Allen Ford, to be fair, my local branches, Coventry and Nuneaton, have always been OK and I've always managed to get a good deal.
That said, since they were bought out by South African fleet management company, 'Super Group' in 2014,, the personal service feeling has completely disappeared. They seem to get through sales personnel at a high rate. Phoning for a service goes through a central call centre, they are very nice and efficient there but, you are not talking to your servicing dealer. So make sure you get the local dealers service department number before leaving.
My Puma was found within the group and transported to the Nuneaton branch for me to pick up as it's slightly nearer than the Coventry branch. saw it before it's PDI and have to admit they prepped it beautifully. It had less than 10 miles on the clock as all deliveries are done on low loaders or full car transports.
No idea about CarWow and their dealings. Like others I checked with CW and got some offers, including AF, I didn't accept any, but, armed with some ballpark figures I just waited them out until they made the deal I wanted. The final figure I paid was quite a bit less than the CW offers, so I'm happy with the outcome.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

It's already been mentioned but not every dealer in on CARWOW.

I was interested in a Renault Captur. Put in details. Lots of offers came up including Peterborough Renault. I live in Cambridge. Cambridge Renault do not do CARWOW. So, printed screen shots etc. Took them to the dealer who matched the Peterborough price. It can be done. Just play dealers off against each other.

Didn't get one in the end.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'm interested to know the delivery mileage of Puma owners with new cars. SSCosRs, his car showed 9.8 miles on delivery which is ok when you consider all the short journeys from factory to dealer.
manc

Post by manc »

Mine was about 9 miles, they had taken it to fill the tank as the minister for fun and finance agreed a full tank and boot tray :D
Puma ST-Line Vignale 1.0 125PS Mhev in Desert Island Blue (19" Alloys, PTG, Sunroof)
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

8 miles.