Any one purchased a new Puma via CARWOW?

All Ford Puma related discussions
MichaelClarke89

Post by MichaelClarke89 »

Before I purchased my ST Line X 155 I went onto car wow got the cheapest deal printed it off took it to my local dealer asked them to match it and they did

SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Sparks, I’m aware that warranty work should be covered by any Ford dealer, but I have heard over the years that some dealers are less than happy to do warranty work on cars that have not been supplied by them.
Rizmo, the preparation centre is at Long Itchington and when I found out that my car would be driven by a delivery company driver, I asked to collect the car myself from the prep site. The salesman I dealt with (yes it was Allen Ford) was adamant that the car had to be delivered to my home address and they didn’t offer collection by the new owner from the prep site. To hear that you have arranged collection from the site has really p****d me off. Allen Ford agreed to split the delivery cost 50/50 and I paid £163.50 for the car to be transported by a double car low loader! Not a happy bunny!
Frozen White, ST Line X, 155 PS Manual
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Far as I know once you have selected the dealer and agreed the price your further contact is only through them and not Carwow. That's the case for me anyway.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Rizmo, that’s my understanding too.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

SSCosRs, I have arranged collection from Allen Ford in Daventry which is about ten miles from the prep centre so I don't know why you couldn't have collected your car from there. You may need to try a couple of local Ford dealers to get the right response with regard to warranty work. My nearest dealer showed a lack of interest, the next nearest couldn't be more helpful. This will be my second Puma so I have some previous with all of this.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Rizmo, I found 3 Allen Ford dealerships close to the preparation site, Daventry, Rugby and Warwick. I asked to collect the car from any one of these dealers but was told that this was not possible. To illustrate how silly the whole thing got, I even offered to travel to the prep site or dealership and sit in the passenger seat on the drive to my home, just so I could make sure the delivery driver didn’t mis-treat my new car! None of this was possible according to the Allen Ford salesman I dealt with. Hence, the only way I could ensure my car got to my house without being mis-treated was to pay for transported delivery.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'll check with Allen Ford and let you know what transpires.
SSCosRS

Post by SSCosRS »

Rizmo, I look forward to reading your post!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I'll need the rest of the week. Talked to them on Monday and that is the usual day for a progress or non-progress report. I'll let you know but in your case it may have to be lesson learned and water under the bridge.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

SSCosRS, It's strange that the dealer would not want to save the cost of a driver, time and fuel to deliver your car. It doesn't make sense. I'm expecting to collect the car at the dealership, pay for it, provide a certificate of insurance, proof of identity and anything else they deem necessary. At the moment it's all beside the point as delivery to them is still some way off.