FORD hAS HAD MINE LONGER THAN ME , AIRCON SCRAP

All Ford Puma related discussions
scooke2k2@gmail.com

Post by scooke2k2@gmail.com »

Purchased a 70 plate and aircon condenser has blown twice dealers doing it a 3rd time now , ford involved as not happy theyve had it longer than me .
Dash has been in & out 4 times now theyve scrapped nearly all my plastics in the car with scratches and scuffs , for a main dealer ( bristol street ) this is a complete sh*t show , ive a case worker from ford and ive told them to keep it and find me another as they have kileed this one such a shame .
You would have thought the second time they would have replaced the complete system but nooo .
The first time ford dealer had it 7 weeks .
Cant believe my luck wish id have kept my 2017 focus instead
Unfortunatly there is no pride or quality workmanship left for many dealers these days its one in one out

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sorry you've had so much bad luck and service....The problem is that these days they are 'Technicians' not mechanics. I don't think any of them are interested unless they can plug it in and charge you £75 for the pleasure.
The bigger the dealer the worse the problem IMO.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Couldn’t agree more. I believe that if Ford doesn’t get a grip on their dealerships in the UK, things are going to go from bad to ridiculous. I have come to expect my dealer to instantly say that there’s nothing wrong, regardless of the fact I have wasted a day to take it to them! If work is done, its shoddy and rushed (especially if it’s warranty work).
My last car was a Ford Edge, which after having a recall for the air bags completed, they handed me back the car with black fingerprints and smudges all over the A pillar and roof lining. Obviously they thought that was an acceptable condition to pass back the car to a customer!
It’s such a difference from the attitude of the salespersons (who can’t do enough for you), right up to the point of handing over that deposit, after which he’s suddenly never available any more.

Unfortunately, this will be the last Ford I will own for some time. They are not particularly cheap any more, and there’s so many other cars to chose from.