lets solve the Megabox size discussion

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Curryhouse wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:35 pm
Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:38 am Isn't there a 50 Ltr one as well? Mine is the original Megabox of legends....Not sure of the size...Pics include part number for the mat, which obviously won't fit the newer ones, but, could help eliminate it....
Also thought 50Ltrs was mentioned at some stage.....

Megabox.png

floor part number.png
Saw that "50 litre " quoted as well. Think it accompanied a pic of the box that said 'max 50 kg' so wonder if 50 litre is a typo.
Yes, saw it somewhere, however, doing rough google calculation, my original box is 80 litres..... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

MagneticGrey

Post by MagneticGrey »

potentialbuyer wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:17 am
manc wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:41 am This is from Ford Site for Megabox covers
https://shop.ford.co.uk/products/puma-m ... er-10-2019
Looks like the second picture 80L
Are you sure in other wordt did you measure the length width and depth to do the math ?
What is that elevation at the bottom near the back of the car when you remove the rubber carpet ?
I've just had a look at my car, and I think that the reason for the floor of the 80 litre megabox rising towards the back of the car is probably to prevent the megabox from affecting the the external appearance of the car.
Puma ST-Line X 155 Magnetic (previous)
Nissan Qashqai Tekna E-Power (present)
potentialbuyer

Post by potentialbuyer »

Yes 50 liter is probably a typo or it is not liters but another volume unit.
There are only 2 sizes 68 or 80 liters. In the mean time I got some more info.
The 80 liter Megabox is the bottom picture. Ford removed the sub-woofer to the side panel of the trunk (this is stil strange to me since I do not see any subwoofer in the 68 liter Megabox !!!! ).

And yes the size of the Megabox is important since Ford hyped it as a selling point of the Puma. In that case you want the biggest one available.
potentialbuyer

Post by potentialbuyer »

andydajo wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:47 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:38 am Isn't there a 50 Ltr one as well? Mine is the original Megabox of legends....Not sure of the size...Pics include part number for the mat, which obviously won't fit the newer ones, but, could help eliminate it....

Megabox.png

floor part number.png
Our megabox is this one on a June 2020 Puma, it is 66cm wide x 42cm long x 34cm deep. This equates to 94248cm3 or 94 Litres

I made that mistake as well during measuring. You should really take the smallest inside dimension, so not measure at the top of the megabox opening. Probably you have the Megabox which looks like the top picture, right ?
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well this has really sorted it out πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Mine’s the later version - 80ltrs I think. I can’t find a rubber mat for it anywhere so it has a moving blanket in it to stop anything rattling around.

I showed my sons mate yesterday. He has a Range Rover Evoque and was very impressed with the Puma boot.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

You could try some of this.... https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-a ... 65246.html..
I use it folded to the megabox size, on top of the rubber mat, but would be ideal on the bare floor. Really stops anything sliding around and deadens any sound from contents.
You could probably find it cheaper elsewhere on line. I think I bought mine in a pound shop years ago... :D
andydajo

Post by andydajo »

potentialbuyer wrote: ↑Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:32 am
andydajo wrote: ↑Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:47 am

Megabox.png

floor part number.png
Our megabox is this one on a June 2020 Puma, it is 66cm wide x 42cm long x 34cm deep. This equates to 94248cm3 or 94 Litres

I made that mistake as well during measuring. You should really take the smallest inside dimension, so not measure at the top of the megabox opening. Probably you have the Megabox which looks like the top picture, right ?

Yeah, it is the top picture and it's not a true rectangular shape as it does slope inwards so the bottom will be smaller than the top.

Weight limit is 50kg according to the mat in the bottom, this doesn't reflect its physical size though.
Safely first.
Ford Puma ST-Line X First Edition 155PS
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

The size increased in later cars because the mild hybrid 48 volt battery moved from boot to under drivers front seat. Build date cross over was June 2020 from memory?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Digging this thread from the grave as I've ordered another Puma.
What Megabox is in the Vignale as delivered now? I know it went from the original practical box to the slightly bigger crappy shaped one, but, has it changed again since then and does it have a liner/mat in it?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Anyone?? Need to start moderating expectations....πŸ₯΄