Delivery Dates

All Ford Puma related discussions
Madhone

Post by Madhone »

Apparently Puma production restarting on 18 October. My build date now pushed back AGAIN to 9 November... 😳

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Didnt even know it stopped,hopefully the should get more plentiful snd start btinging those used prices down
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Madhone wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:30 pm Apparently Puma production restarting on 18 October. My build date now pushed back AGAIN to 9 November... 😳
Are you able to say where you got that information from? I ask as end of Oct seemed to be a bumper month for deliveries of the Puma for many on this forum.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not sure that they completely halted production....

https://www.romania-insider.com/ro-car- ... s-oct-2021
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Would it depend on model ordered? Would guess over the summer they were probably doing alot of the Design models at a standard spec with less semi-conductors and limited colour choice for September registration
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Madhone

Post by Madhone »

Info from my dealer when I checked whether my car had been built on 11 October:it hadn't. He was quoting from 'a meeting with Ford' the previous week... 😳
Durhamblackcat

Post by Durhamblackcat »

I posted this message on the ST board earlier today -

Original production start date was mid-Oct;
Then put back to end of Oct;
Is now the end of Nov, but even that is not a definite.

The dealer says that a number of scheduled Puma start dates have been cancelled, without any revised dates.
So I'm more fortunate than some but could still suffer the same disappointment in time.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

My dealership rang me this week saying I could upgrade early due the the fact my car is worth more now than when I bought it 15 months ago so I have ordered a Mean Green St they said it would arrive in March 22 I am not in a rush as I am more than happy with my St Line X First Edition bit it was a good deal will let you know if it does arrive on time.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Supertramp wrote: ↑Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:12 pm My dealership rang me this week saying I could upgrade early due the the fact my car is worth more now than when I bought it 15 months ago so I have ordered a Mean Green St they said it would arrive in March 22 I am not in a rush as I am more than happy with my St Line X First Edition bit it was a good deal will let you know if it does arrive on time.
I'm going into the dealers this week with my First edition....I don't want an ST, but, maybe a 155 ST-Line X with everything on it...That said, I think they only do the automatic in the 125 unless you buy a Vignale, which I think is just a good car spoilt. Anyway, it'll kill an afternoon and I love my First Edition so it won't be any stress if I don't get anything... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Just been down to my Ford dealer for what has become my routine delivery update meeting.
My Vignale was ordered on June 16th. Delivery was originally September then October, then 15th November and today I was told it had slipped again to early November build with mid December delivery.... a full 6 months since order. When I suggested it could slip again until January or February, the dealer admitted that it could happen. I told the dealer that I'm furious that Ford are giving out build dates based on pure fiction. They know they don't have the parts needed to build the cars but they are giving false dates to keep the customer on the hook.

The salesman got the manager out for a chat. They are obviously frustrated too because no cars means no money for them and less business for their maintenance side. The showroom was looking bare. There was a new ST Line X Puma in but that was their demonstrator. I asked why they were still taking orders if they weren't building cars? The manager said that Ford has told them they are not allowed to sell any showroom cars because they don't want empty showrooms. They said they had taken an order for a car last week (didn't say what Ford model) but the delivery estimate was September 2022...... horrendous. I'm part exchanging our 2 Fiestas and they did confirm they would honour those prices no matter what.

Will I ever see my new car? I'm not getting any younger πŸ˜‚
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic