First Year Convenience Check 20 Minutes/Service Record update?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

First Year Convenience Check carried out as part of my 2 year Ford Protect Service Plan £239. Lookers, no quibble about not paying etc., I have to say excellent customer service.

One advantage of having a Dash Cam is you can see your car movements. The actual Convenience Check only took about 20 minutes excluding the test drive. At least the car did get a good wash & clean afterwards. It's third wash since new. :D

Plus of course Ford Assistance for another year.

Deleted User 229

Just reading the paperwork, may be of interest to some. The voltage of my 1 year old Rombat battery is 12.57 volts.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:38 pm Just reading the paperwork, may be of interest to some. The voltage of my 1 year old Rombat battery is 12.57 volts.
Who checked that?

Have you checked it in technician mode? Just out of interest.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 229

Stoopo wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm
FirstFord1972 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:38 pm Just reading the paperwork, may be of interest to some. The voltage of my 1 year old Rombat battery is 12.57 volts.
Who checked that?

It was on the Convenience Check list test results. Sorry but I'm a if it ain't broke don't try to fix it sort of bloke so I will leave the technician mode alone. All I know is the engine stop/start continues to work (automatic non-MHEV) which I cannot say happened with my previous Fords.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My Puma ia 10 weeks old, covered 2,300 miles and is used almost every day. I checked the Wombat battery voltage in technician mode and it showed 11.6 volts.

Every time I start the car, the screen says press the start button as the car has gone to sleep. Not sure that is right for a 10 week old car.

All electrical items seem to be working OK though, but I will be checking that battery fairly regularly until the warrenty runs out (assuming it lasts that long as I'm not expecting it to last through a winter).
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I was under the impression that Ford had changed to Varta on the latest production models. This seems not to be the case.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 pm
Stoopo wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm
Who checked that?

It was on the Convenience Check list test results. Sorry but I'm a if it ain't broke don't try to fix it sort of bloke so I will leave the technician mode alone. All I know is the engine stop/start continues to work (automatic non-MHEV) which I cannot say happened with my previous Fords.
You can’t change anything in technician mode, just check what the readings are. It’s just another tool to aid any issues you might have with the battery.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 229

Has anybody had their 1st Year Convenience Check recorded on their on-line Service History? I called my dealer (Lookers) and was told that it was not recorded.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’ve merged your post with the other thread as it’s related 🙂
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 229

NeilS wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:35 pm I’ve merged your post with the other thread as it’s related 🙂

Hi NeilS,

Any change you could reinstate my post. I cannot believe that I am the only person to have had a convenience check. I just wanted to know if their check was recorded on their on-line service history? The title of this thread is not the same.

Cheers.