So you’re disappointed with your B&O audio system?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

I’ve heard people on these boards saying how much they are disappointed with their B&O Audio system in the Puma.
I have a possible solution for you. I too found the bass response of the system overwhelming and a “one note boomer.”
I love my music and I was thinking how I could possibly even up the bass response. Then I wondered what might happen if I dropped the boot floor to its lowest position, thereby placing the sub above the floor rather than beneath it.
This, I thought might give the sub more room to breath, allowing the bass to use space within the car, rather than be trapped beneath the boot floor. As a consequence, I believe the resulting frequency range is much more controlled. Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost. All Options (exc. sunroof). Grey Matter.

alanp

Post by alanp »

Is the sub not under the passenger seat..?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

alanp wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:57 pm Is the sub not under the passenger seat..?
Mine appears to be behind the trim right hand side of the boot. You can feel the vibrations.
Ford Puma Titanium 1.0 125 Ecoboost. All Options (exc. sunroof). Grey Matter.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Depends on your build I think. I’m sure my 70reg is under the seat.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I thought the 48 volt battery was under the passenger seat and the subwoofer in the boot. I believe the 48 volt battery was moved after first edition models
StuShoots

Post by StuShoots »

The 48v battery is under the drivers seat in mine and the b&o amp under the passenger seat! ST Line x 155 21 plate.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

StuShoots wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:27 pm The 48v battery is under the drivers seat in mine and the b&o amp under the passenger seat! ST Line x 155 21 plate.

Same here. 70reg 2021 model I think.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Subwoofer in boot, right hand side panel, B&O amp under left hand seat. Up till June 2020, hybrid battery was in the boot, hence smaller (68l) megabox on first run of Pumas, moved when they sourced a smaller battery to under the right hand seat, along with a recall for loose battery connections. Originally the can of squirty for the tyres was under the right hand seat, moved to the boot when battery was moved.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Press and hold both fast forward buttons on the steering wheel and Sync, let it run the speaker test, you’ll hear all the speakers in sequence, including the sub in the boot.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Spearmint wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:00 am Subwoofer in boot, right hand side panel, B&O amp under left hand seat. Up till June 2020, hybrid battery was in the boot, hence smaller (68l) megabox on first run of Pumas, moved when they sourced a smaller battery to under the right hand seat, along with a recall for loose battery connections. Originally the can of squirty for the tyres was under the right hand seat, moved to the boot when battery was moved.
Sub is under my passenger seat. Battery under drivers seat.

234530F6-41E2-4EEA-A296-02432AA85C86.jpeg