Would you buy another puma ?

All Ford Puma related discussions
STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:07 pm
There is no point, if someone is rabidly against Ford no one is going to convince them.
I'm not against them. I've just never bought a car by them simply as I've prefered alternatives.
I'm surprised owners aren't championing them more though

STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:49 pm
After my wife's convertible.......No thanks... :lol:
lol funny how people are different.
In my ND Mx-5, I reckon I've had the top down AT LEAST 95% of the time over 13K miles + 3 years. As long as the outside temp is over 5 degree c (it says in the manual not to lower it below that), it's down. i never get it when I see people who by a convertible, and hardly ever drop the top.
i wear a baseball cap whenever i drive it, so the sun on the top of the head isn't a problem.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I love the sunroof in my fiesta,love it,im 6ft and no head room issues at all,just a light airy cabin,im looking at a skoda scala,skoda kamiq or a puma,im leaning towards skoda on account of prices and spec,£19.999 for a scala 115 tsi engine with power tailgate,glass roof,heated seats,digital dashboard and skoda version of grey matter
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

STer wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:08 pm
Sparks wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:49 pm
After my wife's convertible.......No thanks... :lol:
lol funny how people are different.
In my ND Mx-5, I reckon I've had the top down AT LEAST 95% of the time over 13K miles + 3 years. As long as the outside temp is over 5 degree c (it says in the manual not to lower it below that), it's down. i never get it when I see people who by a convertible, and hardly ever drop the top.
i wear a baseball cap whenever i drive it, so the sun on the top of the head isn't a problem.
Never had it up when the sun was hot, used it more in the autumn and winter. Wouldn't be seen out in a baseball cap!!! :shock:
There is a reason they aren't as popular in hot climates as they are in the UK... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Cornish sunshine

Post by Cornish sunshine »

Just trading in a 155 st line for an ST, we have had 5 new fords over the last 10 years or so, never had any problems
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Yes I still would buy another but in two years I will see what else is on the market.

As it stands this moment in time I would definitely buy again.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maybe but would be an st, depends if the little niggles continue although not had many compared to some. Will see how the build quality lasts over this next year. One thing that really lets it down is the paint thickness , so easy to get a chip.and you can see how thin the paint is compared to my van.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Still trying to buy my first lol
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I would.

However it wouldn’t be an ST but either the Vignale or another ST Line X with all the bells as whistles I currently have, plus the only thing I’m missing at the moment - the comfort pack.

I’m not sure I see the benefits the ST would have other than the obvious power and handling, which I’m sure would be fun but short lived. Plus I’m a little long in the tooth for racing these days 😆
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
pompeydave

Post by pompeydave »

NeilS wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:03 pm I would.

However it wouldn’t be an ST but either the Vignale or another ST Line X with all the bells as whistles I currently have, plus the only thing I’m missing at the moment - the comfort pack.

I’m not sure I see the benefits the ST would have other than the obvious power and handling, which I’m sure would be fun but short lived. Plus I’m a little long in the tooth for racing these days 😆
That’s one reason I sold my Astra 1.6t 200hp , got caught speeding in it….nice clear road going downhill and speed camera at the bottom ! Luckily offered the speed awareness course instead of points but it didn’t half make me think how easy it is to get caught and points on your licence.
I think when I get my st-line x 125 in a few days time my driving style is going to change.
2022 St-Line X 125 desert island blue