Would you buy another puma ?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

STer wrote: โ†‘Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:18 pm Whilst JFDIT commented that I wouldn't be missing much in not purchasing my first ever FORD, why is the FORD lovers are not championing and putting across a convincing argument to display I 'don't know I've been born' due to not purchasing/owning a FORD in my life so far?
There is no point, if someone is rabidly against Ford no one is going to convince them. Personally, I wouldn't want to convince someone that it was the best car on the road etc etc. It's not my job to sell one.
I didn't buy mine because somebody liked it, I bought it because I did. :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. ๐Ÿšท๐Ÿšณ
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

In three years time Iโ€™ll be looking at an EV I think. It might be a Puma if one is available.

After three months driving it Iโ€™m still very impressed with the handling and versatility (especially the boot). The 155bhp is pretty quick too when needed.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I think i will wait a see if they do a facelift model and what engine options they come up with. Only regrets i really have is that i didnt go for the sunroof but with the english weather i am not sure how much use i would have got out of it :)
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

@robgee, I have to admit the sunroof is excellent. Years since I had one and this one is good, except the fit of the rear fixed glass is misaligned on mine and at least one other I've seen. Hartwell Ford Grimsby realigned tailgate to improve the sight line.
@Sparks, I have to correct you; I'm not "rabidly against Ford" I've owned many brand new ones, RS Turbo, XR4i, several Mondeo's to name a few, and been satisfied with them. My beef is Ford of late are penny pinching changing spec between order and delivery as noted in other threads on this forum. They've done it too on the Focus, swapping the rear multi-link suspension for the cheaper twist beam. Tricks like this doesn't impress me. Similarly on my factory order Puma I've suffered poor panel fit, quality control issues, rear nearside brake seized and the dreaded Rombat battery failure. I do not hate Ford as a brand, they have their place, they have produced a decent enough little car with the Puma but cost cutting and quality control mean I will not be buying another Ford. Having said that I could probably forgive all of that on a 5.0l Mach 1 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

JFDIT wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:29 am @Sparks, I have to correct you; I'm not "rabidly against Ford" ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Sorry, I wasn't aiming the comment at you in particular, (though admit it looked like it :( ) more an explanation of why I don't try and sell one to anyone who is. I have a friend who hates my Puma purely because it's made by Ford. I have a sneaky suspicion he just won't admit how good my Puma is. :D
Personally I've had 3 Fords on the trot, the first one I had for 9 years without any problems and a quick check online shows it's still going strong.
I agree the latest round of penny pinching would make me think twice about a replacement. I doubt they would make another with everything I have at a decent price. Certainly not from the recent spec sheets.
I'm currently looking at the Hyundai and Kia electric offerings.
Jonnymagnum2000

Post by Jonnymagnum2000 »

most defiantly yes !!!
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

robgee wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:40 am I think i will wait a see if they do a facelift model and what engine options they come up with. Only regrets i really have is that i didnt go for the sunroof but with the english weather i am not sure how much use i would have got out of it :)
The reviews on the sunroof put me off. Many stating that it lowered to roof inside and made it all a bit tight.

Having banged my head a few times in my mateโ€™s Focus Active with the power roof Iโ€™m glad I left it off. It felt so cramped in the passenger seat. Plus they all leak eventually ๐Ÿ˜‰
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I love the sunroof open fully or just raised at the back at speed. It is one of the best options if you like the sun on top of your head โ˜€๏ธ
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Have to agree on loving the sunroof despite it not being on my list of must haves at the time, and I havenโ€™t experienced any headroom issue from a drivers perspective.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19โ€ Alloys,
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FirstFord1972 wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:00 am I love the sunroof open fully or just raised at the back at speed. It is one of the best options if you like the sun on top of your head โ˜€๏ธ
After my wife's convertible.......No thanks... :lol: