Would you buy another puma ?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I did. Wasn't sure at the time but took a chance on it. Pretty sure it was leather steering wheel on the test car, later replaced with plastic. Does anyone know if that's correct?

Mike

Post by Mike »

Unsure, like the car, not the niggles and build quality is poor coming from a German car.
Dealers are dealers which ever brand you buy, my local bmw garage I wouldn’t trust to fix a push bike, another I used was pretty good so Ford aren’t on their own there.
Ask me in a year or two .
My dealer has been good, maybe because I had a couple of issues straight away and threatened to reject the car ?
Last edited by Mike on Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

For what it's worth my Ford dealer is excellent. Cannot fault on price or service.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

A bit disappointed with the performance of the 125 compared to the 125 I had in my B Max. I wish I had gone for the 155 now. The B Max was a fair bit lighter though, which probably explains it Will have to use Sport mode a bit more.

Would I buy another? Quite possibly if there is nothing better around in 4 or 5 years when I change it, but I fully expect electric vehicles to become more mainstream by then. Of course a lot depends on reliability and how good the dealer is when it comes to snags, servicing and warranty repairs.
alanp

Post by alanp »

The thing is what to buy, I quite fancied the new captur but Renault didn’t seem to want me at their launch event even though they’d invited me and I accepted, quite like the kona and am quite interested in the new Yaris cross, but I still think the Puma is the best looking car in its class out there,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
microbe

Post by microbe »

In 50 years of car ownership I have never changed a car for the same model. I suspect that will be the case when it is time for a change although I am quite happy with the Puma. It is more than adequate for the local journeys I do.
Puma ST-Line X 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Desert Island Blue 2021
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:06 pm I did. Wasn't sure at the time but took a chance on it. Pretty sure it was leather steering wheel on the test car, later replaced with plastic. Does anyone know if that's correct?
Nope, if it was a Puma you drove it was a Sensico steering wheel.

Would I buy another? Truthful answer is, I don't know. I'll see what's available at the time. Certainly not upset by my Puma purchase, if I was, I would sell now as they offering around five grand more than I paid for it.
Keeping an eye on electric at the moment, so, we'll see.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
STer

Post by STer »

Whilst JFDIT commented that I wouldn't be missing much in not purchasing my first ever FORD, why is the FORD lovers are not championing and putting across a convincing argument to display I 'don't know I've been born' due to not purchasing/owning a FORD in my life so far?
STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:02 pm
Keeping an eye on electric at the moment
:shock:
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

alanp wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:31 pm The thing is what to buy, I quite…
…like the kona…
…but I still think the Puma is the best looking car in its class out there
If it's any help, our other car is a late 2019 Kona Iron Man Special Edition with the 177ps 1.6 petrol turbo and a 7 speed DCT, which has done under 7k miles. Weighing it up against my late 2020 Puma ST Line X Vignale with the 125ps 3 pot and the 7 speed DCT, which has done under 7k miles…

The Kona has the edge for the driving experience - nicer and slightly higher seating position, softer seats (with electric adjustment) and more leg width giving the impression of a more spacious cabin (up front anyway). Less harsh ride from it's 18" factory wheels against the Puma's 19s (I believe the Vignale has 18s as standard tho), although the Kona still isn't what I'd call soft. Less snatchy brakes and steering.
Some other things - it comes with a spare wheel, also a heads up display. The heated seats are quicker and hotter, also has cooled seats (both have heated steering wheel tho).

Puma has better LED headlights (even tho the Kona's LEDs are also good), and much better auto wipers. Adaptive cruise makes cruise actually useable, and the self parking thing is a nice gimmick. Also has heated screen, remote start and global window opening. Puma has a nice modern look inside in general (although the Iron Man Kona has some nice touches - other versions much more meh and sea-of-grey ish).

From a looks point of view the Puma is really modern looking, but the Iron Man's matte grey and shiny red two tone colour scheme really makes it stand out. Obviously the Kona has bags more power but the Puma feels just as quick and nimble at slow speeds, perhaps the turbo is set differently?

But on topic of would I buy another Puma… the jury's out at the moment, mainly for the harsh ride and road noise. If I was offered my money back on the Puma today with no hassle I'd probably take it. But what to buy? If I want remote start and all the heated stuff you get with the Ford, then I need to spend the best part of 50% more to buy a comparable Volvo XC40. Tough decision!!