Would you buy another puma ?

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

When it comes to the time to change your Puma, would you get another ? It disappoints me to find that all the gizmos I have now on my 1st edition are no longer standard and cost extra, that and all the niggles that come with it, don’t get me wrong , I love my Puma and I’m tempted to get another ( not just yet though) wonder if they’ll bring out an electric or even hybrid ( more than it is now) version, that might be worth it if the price is right, so what about you guys, is another Puma on the cards when you change yours ?
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Phuma.

Post by Phuma. »

I personally can’t fault my car & enjoy driving it, but wouldn’t get another as I like to change cars every two years & try something different, but would & do recommend the puma to anyone who asks !! 👍
D6VEB.

Post by D6VEB. »

At the moment I love my Puma.
Reading through some of the forum posts, some people have little niggles with their vehicles. Remember all new cars will have a little niggle, which are normally dealer resolved. (One way or the other)
I notice that build quality is not the best, with a few door rattles and headlamps not being asymmetric.
I can stand these points at the moment as I am changing things using Forscan and have adapted some lighting to suit, adaptions to set up etc. Playing really.
Ask me again in 12 months though, "Would you buy another one?"
I will tell you then.
Andi

Post by Andi »

Nope. In fact, I wouldn’t even buy another Ford until they sort out their build quality, customer satisfaction figures and the inconsistency of dealerships.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Phuma. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:28 am I personally can’t fault my car & enjoy driving it, but wouldn’t get another as I like to change cars every two years & try something different, but would & do recommend the puma to anyone who asks !! 👍
Pretty much the same here. If I’m still as happy in a couple of years, and there’s nothing that I fancy, I’ll keep hold of it until there is.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I am still waiting for a Titanium X. The Vignale has introduced some new stuff like 155 MHEV Automatic but a Titanium X with all the toys would be my choice.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Andi wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:05 am Nope. In fact, I wouldn’t even buy another Ford until they sort out their build quality, customer satisfaction figures and the inconsistency of dealerships.
Yes, that’s another thing that pi##es me off, the total indifference of the dealers towards their customers, although, they’re not unique, some years ago I had a Toyota, the local dealer was abysmal, and they haven’t inproved by all accounts..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
STer

Post by STer »

I have never, to this point in life, purchased a FORD motor vehicle.
Explain to me, as a possible owner, what am I missing out on?
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

@STer, Not a lot! I've owned a few Ford's many years ago and wish I hadn't bought the Puma. Think I outgrew the brand, my fault should have known better.
It goes OK for something that barely has an engine and goes round corners quick enough for something of its type, but I can't say I find it a nice place to be inside the car. The interior and build quality is just not there.
Materials are cheap even to the point of having plastic seat bolsters and steering wheel, which Personally I hate the feel of.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

JFDIT wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:16 pm @STer, Not a lot! I've owned a few Ford's many years ago and wish I hadn't bought the Puma. Think I outgrew the brand, my fault should have known better.
It goes OK for something that barely has an engine and goes round corners quick enough for something of its type, but I can't say I find it a nice place to be inside the car. The interior and build quality is just not there.
Materials are cheap even to the point of having plastic seat bolsters and steering wheel, which Personally I hate the feel of.
Did you not have a test drive?