B&O sound system

All Ford Puma related discussions
RedPuma

Post by RedPuma »

Hi all.
A bit of a nerdy question but Ford Customer Service referred me to my dealer who hadn't a clue.
Does anyone know the max capacity USB stick that can be read?
And has anyone tried playing uncompressed/lossless music files? Like Flac, wav, ogg etc?
Race Red 155 ST-Line X First Edition +

gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

RedPuma wrote: โ†‘Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:17 pm Hi all.
A bit of a nerdy question but Ford Customer Service referred me to my dealer who hadn't a clue.
Does anyone know the max capacity USB stick that can be read?
And has anyone tried playing uncompressed/lossless music files? Like Flac, wav, ogg etc?
Had b@o in my fiesta but only ever used spotify sorry. Sounded awesome though ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Puma ST Line X FE 155 (March 1st)
RedPuma

Post by RedPuma »

Just in case anyone else is wondering. The Sync 3 system supports the following file formats:
MP3, MP4, WMA, WAV, AAC, AIFF, APE, DSD, and FLAC audio file formats.
MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and FLAC file extensions.
FAT, exFAT, and NTFS file systems.

Thanks to Rob and his link to the online manual.
Race Red 155 ST-Line X First Edition +
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

Another thing on sync 3. Recently Ford FINALLY put up their sync 3 update website for the UK. I'm hoping the puma system doesn't need an update straight out the box but not a bad idea to keep an eye on that website every few months. It also has map updates which are large and take 90 minutes to install. It was 30gb on my focus so probably not going to do it OTA.
All you need to do is put your VIN number in and it will tell you if an update is available. You have to update sync 3 to the latest version for your vehicle before you can update maps.
RacingPuma

Post by RacingPuma »

Do you download the update on your PC, copy to usb and install that way?
gsd0475

Post by gsd0475 »

RacingPuma wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:11 pm Do you download the update on your PC, copy to usb and install that way?
Yep. Dead easy. You put your vin number in the website and it tells you if it needs an updatethen walks you through the process. You then upload a log file to the website at the end which updates their database that it's been updated. Forgot to put the link earlier.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... oth/update#/
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Thank you.
Santyanno

Post by Santyanno »

On the subject of USB sticks do these play music tracks sequentially without user input like a CD for example? If this is not so is there a way to format the usb to achieve this?
Is this the same for all supported formats?
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Got a fiesta titanium b and o play edition with the full 10 speaker set up,sounds awesome,hoping to get a puma with the same system in it
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Thanks for the link, even though I haven't even got the car yet its good to see the maps and software is fully up to date lol. One less thing to worry about!

- Your software is already up-to-date. No action is required.
- You'll be pleased to hear your Maps software is already up-to-date