Fuse for battery for dash cam

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well here we go again another dash cam thread,
So I took the plunge and bought a back up battery for the blackvue, I’ve used fuse no2 ( from the fuses under the passenger footwell) I checked it and it’s ignition controlled but is it ok to use this fuse..?, it’s for the park assist system, I used a piggy back fused as supplied with the kit, so it’s still fused, just couldn’t seem to find any other fuse , it’s a shame manufacturer’s don’t include a fuse solely for fitting a camera, it’d be soo much easier…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Andi

Post by Andi »

Yep. Thats the one most have used 👍
alanp

Post by alanp »

Andi wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:31 pm Yep. Thats the one most have used 👍
Thank you…👍
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Trekker

Post by Trekker »

Hi All... First off, this is another dash cam query - I’ve looked through most of the posts on here, but can’t find an exact answer, so apologies if it has already been answered...

I’m hardwiring a Nextbase 522GW to my puma titanium - this model has a parking mode, but according to their tech section in order for this to operate the camera has to be connected to a PERMANENT live connection (the camera has a shut down mechanism which operates if the battery voltage drops below a certain safe point...). Problem is I can’t find any post telling me which of the fuses in the passenger footwell fuse box is a permanent live - they all seem to be switched live, which is no good for the parking mode on the camera. Alternatively, is their any way I would be able to easily run a cable from the car interior to the engine bay and take a direct feed from the battery (with an in-line fuse added, obviously...). Any help would be greatly appreciated 🤞!
LLAP 🖖!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

You could use a battery pack.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Puma1959

Post by Puma1959 »

Trekker wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:48 am Hi All... First off, this is another dash cam query - I’ve looked through most of the posts on here, but can’t find an exact answer, so apologies if it has already been answered...

I’m hardwiring a Nextbase 522GW to my puma titanium - this model has a parking mode, but according to their tech section in order for this to operate the camera has to be connected to a PERMANENT live connection (the camera has a shut down mechanism which operates if the battery voltage drops below a certain safe point...). Problem is I can’t find any post telling me which of the fuses in the passenger footwell fuse box is a permanent live - they all seem to be switched live, which is no good for the parking mode on the camera. Alternatively, is their any way I would be able to easily run a cable from the car interior to the engine bay and take a direct feed from the battery (with an in-line fuse added, obviously...). Any help would be greatly appreciated 🤞!
LLAP 🖖!
Hi, I used fuse 18. It is not used and permanent live. My Nextbase working well in parking mode, no issues.
Ford Puma 1.0 St Line X Vignale Lucid Red.
Trekker

Post by Trekker »

Hi Puma1959 - thanks for your reply! Just to confirm, do you mean fuse 18 in the fuse box that’s located below the glove box or the one that’s in the engine bay? It’s a bit confusing ‘cause when you look at the pictures on the website “fuse-box.info” it looks like they’re saying that the one I can see by the glove box is located in the engine bay, and vice-versa..
If you’re using the fuse in the engine bay fuse box, how did you run the cable from the passenger compartment to the engine bay?
LLAP 🖖!
Puma1959

Post by Puma1959 »

Trekker wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:44 pm Hi Puma1959 - thanks for your reply! Just to confirm, do you mean fuse 18 in the fuse box that’s located below the glove box or the one that’s in the engine bay? It’s a bit confusing ‘cause when you look at the pictures on the website “fuse-box.info” it looks like they’re saying that the one I can see by the glove box is located in the engine bay, and vice-versa..
If you’re using the fuse in the engine bay fuse box, how did you run the cable from the passenger compartment to the engine bay?
LLAP 🖖!
Below the glove box.
Ford Puma 1.0 St Line X Vignale Lucid Red.
Trekker

Post by Trekker »

Hi again Puma 1959... Many thanks for your advice - connected my dashcam today to fuse 8 as recommended and it’s working fine! Thanks again,
LLAP 🖖!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Trekker, Puma 1969 said fuse 18 not 8.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.