What MPG are you getting?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

lafforcry wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:02 pm 43.2MPG, up 16% from April. I'll take that :-)
Be interested to know how you acheived that?
Which mode and by using what fuel E5 or E10.
(I drive in either sport or track using E5, my average 32mpg urban)
Ps.... anyone tried to customize the App Fuel report with current cost of fuel per ltr, might be in for a shock!

Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:22 pm
lafforcry wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:02 pm 43.2MPG, up 16% from April. I'll take that :-)
Ps.... anyone tried to customize the App Fuel report with current cost of fuel per ltr, might be in for a shock!
Hi Ray,
That is pretty much what we are seeing in my wifes ST, only used in sport mode and on 99ron,
has the mountune induction kit, air filter and primary hose.
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
fourwheels

Post by fourwheels »

B93EAB09-E3F8-403C-BE89-CB825DD1972A.jpeg

Mpg increasing as I use the car - mainly a mix of country roads and motorway driving. The car has a built in speed restrictor when I am driving ie my wife! Car is a ST Line Puma 155ps.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

fourwheels wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 am B93EAB09-E3F8-403C-BE89-CB825DD1972A.jpeg

Mpg increasing as I use the car - mainly a mix of country roads and motorway driving. The car has a built in speed restrictor when I am driving ie my wife! Car is a ST Line Puma 155ps.
Think you're in gold medal position currently
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
fourwheels

Post by fourwheels »

Meant to say all journeys in normal mode - don’t think the figures will stay this high for long - it will soon be time to have some fun especially if petrol prices ever come down!
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

20220611_154733.jpg

Just back from a round trip of 453 miles. Car says 50.5mpg. Just filled up and it was 41lts. Working it out...its spot on. For the ST I think its a fantastic return.
Deleted User 762

Post by Deleted User 762 »

Rays1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:22 pm

I use Sports mode and E10 (Purely because of the price of petrol)

I have no idea how i achieve that, generally stick to the speed limit and only use the power to accelerate away at junctions or overtaking slow moving traffic.
Aircon is always on too.

Did a 146 mile trip, used just over quarter of a tank and shows still have 300 miles left. If that's the case, which i doubt, i'll be well happy.

Either that or i have a faulty fuel gauge
jazzyr85

Post by jazzyr85 »

DickDastardly wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:14 pm
jazzyr85 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:26 am 155 manual Vignale here. I'm only getting 34mpg mostly around town but with some motorway/dual carriageway driving. Normal and Eco mode. There's just over 6000 miles on the clock now.

Any tips on how to improve?
I've got a 155 also.

Some immediate thoughts
- Don't know what speed you generally travel at on the motorway but just a couple of mph less makes a big difference to mpg at motorway speeds
- I generally stick it in Eco on the motorway once I'm up to speed, but find that mode too painful anywhere else.
- anticipation would be the main place where savings can be made around town. Easing off the gas earlier and trying to keep a constant speed is best. Maintaining a larger gap between the vehicle in front of you helps in keeping your speed more constant. Easier said than done around town though, depending on where you live. Forget it in London, you just got to suck it up 😛
- cruise control seems to be more efficient on the motorway as the speed is more constant
- turn A/C off when not needed
- try to accellerate gently if you can
- ensure tyre pressures are correct

Only done 350 miles in mine yet, mix of normal around town and Eco on the motorway. Mine is up to 48.7 and still climbing. Waiting for it to get to 50 so I can get the ceremonial presentation of pipe and slippers 😃

If you're doing mostly town driving then something in the low forties might be the best you can hope for realistically
Hey thanks for this! I managed to get it up to 40.3mpg by driving the way you recommended, using brakes as little as possible. I reset the mpg after refilling the tank and I'm sitting at 50.3mpg after some motorway, dual-carriageway and town driving.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

jazzyr85 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:12 am
jazzyr85 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:26 am 155 manual Vignale here. I'm only getting 34mpg mostly around town but with some motorway/dual carriageway driving. Normal and Eco mode. There's just over 6000 miles on the clock now.

Any tips on how to improve?
I've got a 155 also.

Some immediate thoughts
- Don't know what speed you generally travel at on the motorway but just a couple of mph less makes a big difference to mpg at motorway speeds
- I generally stick it in Eco on the motorway once I'm up to speed, but find that mode too painful anywhere else.
- anticipation would be the main place where savings can be made around town. Easing off the gas earlier and trying to keep a constant speed is best. Maintaining a larger gap between the vehicle in front of you helps in keeping your speed more constant. Easier said than done around town though, depending on where you live. Forget it in London, you just got to suck it up 😛
- cruise control seems to be more efficient on the motorway as the speed is more constant

Only done 350 miles in mine yet, mix of normal around town and Eco on the motorway. Mine is up to 48.7 and still climbing. Waiting for it to get to 50 so I can get the ceremonial presentation of pipe and slippers 😃

If you're doing mostly town driving then something in the low forties might be the best you can hope for realistically
Hey thanks for this! I managed to get it up to 40.3mpg by driving the way you recommended, using brakes as little as possible. I reset the mpg after refilling the tank and I'm sitting at 50.3mpg after some motorway, dual-carriageway and town driving.
Nice one!

Search in Google for "Hyper miling" It's the latest social obsession with trying to make every last drop count

Some of it is a bit too OTT but you can find tips about the optimum speeds to use A/C versus leaving the window open and other such stuff
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

DickDastardly wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:40 am
jazzyr85 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:12 am
I've got a 155 also.

Some immediate thoughts

Nice one!

Forgot to add that you should aim to change gear before the revs get too high e.g. under 2500 rpm

Search in Google for "Hyper miling" It's the latest social obsession with trying to make every last drop count

Some of it is a bit too OTT but you can find tips about the optimum speeds to use A/C versus leaving the window open and other such stuff