What MPG are you getting?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe time to drive in your slippers Sparks.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'd trade it in for a bike but.................

transport-hybrid_cars-hybrids-bikes-cyclists-bicycles-jben95_low.jpg

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
The Monkey Man

Post by The Monkey Man »

denty1964 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:39 pm All the ST owners will not be involved in this conversation....
I always get 345-355 projected range when I fill up (Super) and easily sail past the 300 mark however I drive, fantastic economy for what zip is on offer. For reference the only time my car has not been in sport mode is from pressing the start button to pressing the "S" button. Never been driven in Normal. I imagine that if I did, and I drove how I suspect some on this thread are, I would get quite a bit more.... but then I wouldn't have bought an ST.
Puma ST Agate Black
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

I'm with you Monkey Man. Start the engine, press sport, listen to the engine tone burble change, then off we go. Love it. I just fill it up when it runs down.
SteveandKate

Post by SteveandKate »

7 weeks and 1025 miles from new, 41.8mpg mixed short ish journeys, 90 mile motorway trip steady speeds 🙄 52.5mpg and usually in sport unless my Mrs drives! 155 manual
Mike

Post by Mike »

47.5 last notification
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
jazzyr85

Post by jazzyr85 »

155 manual Vignale here. I'm only getting 34mpg mostly around town but with some motorway/dual carriageway driving. Normal and Eco mode. There's just over 6000 miles on the clock now.

Any tips on how to improve?
Deleted User 878

Just driven from Warrington down to Southampton. Filed up before we set of. Stayed at a steady 70 but had sections of 60 and 50mph due to road works etc. Got there showing 296 miles remaining and 2/3 of the rank remaining. Showing average mpg of 47. Unbelievable from what I expect from the ST, but more than happy. Second half of the rank will go quicker but will I get home without filling up? That would be a round trip of around 450 miles.
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

jazzyr85 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:26 am 155 manual Vignale here. I'm only getting 34mpg mostly around town but with some motorway/dual carriageway driving. Normal and Eco mode. There's just over 6000 miles on the clock now.

Any tips on how to improve?
I've got a 155 also.

Some immediate thoughts
- Don't know what speed you generally travel at on the motorway but just a couple of mph less makes a big difference to mpg at motorway speeds
- I generally stick it in Eco on the motorway once I'm up to speed, but find that mode too painful anywhere else.
- anticipation would be the main place where savings can be made around town. Easing off the gas earlier and trying to keep a constant speed is best. Maintaining a larger gap between the vehicle in front of you helps in keeping your speed more constant. Easier said than done around town though, depending on where you live. Forget it in London, you just got to suck it up 😛
- cruise control seems to be more efficient on the motorway as the speed is more constant
- turn A/C off when not needed
- try to accellerate gently if you can
- ensure tyre pressures are correct

Only done 350 miles in mine yet, mix of normal around town and Eco on the motorway. Mine is up to 48.7 and still climbing. Waiting for it to get to 50 so I can get the ceremonial presentation of pipe and slippers 😃

If you're doing mostly town driving then something in the low forties might be the best you can hope for realistically
ST Line X 155, Desert Island Blue. Ordered 31/12/21, delivered 23/05/22
Deleted User 878

Just to add to my last post....I was in sports mode (as always) and the car has now covered 1580 miles.