What MPG are you getting?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:29 pm
Yokomoko wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:15 pm Mpg last month was 25.7 (which was a lot of sport 😛)
Wow. They really are making that motor work hard for the extra torques. My mk8 FiST showed 37 for 11000 miles. 40 on an easy cruise and low 30's when I was tonking it. I always used sport mode, which should have been the standard normal mode.

Safe to say, you are driving it like you stole it....... 😁
Presumably a couple more tanks of 99, few more Miles on the clock and some warmer weather should hopefully get me over 30! It's only got about 180 Miles on it.

Edit: Having said that, with summer driving, roof open, exhaust popping on high revs are two reasons why I probably won't get above 30!
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack

Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Good man!! :lol:
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Admittedly only lockdown mileage in an Automatic with an average of 12 mile round trips to the supermarket once a week so very low mileage. The Puma is telling me that I am getting 44 mpg whereas in real life I am only getting 40 mpg. I think we need to take the feel good mpg shown in the car with a pinch of salt. Below you can see the results of a simple record of mileage taken and recorded full tank fills (litres).

Screenshot 2021-01-19 094044.png

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

according to the ford app it,s 50,043 Miles per gallon in about 10 months
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Bit of a fag packet theory, but I've been going through some bank statements of late looking at other business.

Whilst doing so I've looked at money spent on fuel.

I used to put about 20 quid a week in my ST for a standard commute, nipping to shops etc. (Not including long journeys or days out etc)

For a similar week I'm putting £15 in the Puma.

Fuel has been 10-15p a litre cheaper this year.

So in conclusion, I take the computer mpg with a pinch of salt, the extra cost of the car has outweighed any potential saving on fuel. The only benefit is my mild hybrid has polluted the 🌎 a little less, if Fords emission figures are correct....
andywrd

Post by andywrd »

I'm averaging around 45mpg. But can usually get around 50mpg on motorway sitting around 70-75mph. Mpg does seem to drop dramatically at speeds over 60mph.
The Grizz

Post by The Grizz »

Hey Guys n Gals
any of you long time puma owners noticing a big difference in mpg in teh cold months dec jan compared to rest of year..
got my 125bph in june averaged 5.6 ltr /100km (a/c on all the time)from june to nov...dec n jan its 6.4/6.6..
ok so heating on + a/c to keep windows clear... i do 600 km per week town driving...
not a deal breaker ..feckn awesome car...costing me an extra 10 eurods a week in juice tho :(
The Grizz
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

The Grizz wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 pm Hey Guys n Gals
any of you long time puma owners noticing a big difference in mpg in teh cold months dec jan compared to rest of year..
got my 125bph in june averaged 5.6 ltr /100km (a/c on all the time)from june to nov...dec n jan its 6.4/6.6..
ok so heating on + a/c to keep windows clear... i do 600 km per week town driving...
not a deal breaker ..feckn awesome car...costing me an extra 10 eurods a week in juice tho :(
It's always lower in winter. Colder tyres. Heated seats/windscreen etc. Colder temps meaning the engine takes longer to heat up. Also colder temps plays with the fuel and fuel efficiency directly. Same with every car.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

andywrd wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:25 pm I'm averaging around 45mpg. But can usually get around 50mpg on motorway sitting around 70-75mph. Mpg does seem to drop dramatically at speeds over 60mph.
50mpg when doing over 70mph? Thats not bad.

I have the 155ps mhev. My commute is roughly 21 miles, probably 19 miles is motorway. I set adaptive cruise to 73 (some days 76) and my overall mpg is 43
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

The Grizz wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:06 pm Hey Guys n Gals
Not to much , but i have got winter rims and tires that have less width as my summer rims and tires
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....