Farewell

All Ford Puma related discussions
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Well, it’s been an interesting 17 months, far too many days spent visiting to dealer, but I’m finally parting ways with the Puma. 19 faults and 40 days in the shop, the Puma is finally being collected.

Had the MX-30 since Friday, surprised they’re a similar size (thought Puma was smaller), but the Mazda after 5 days just feels so much better quality wise. I’ll miss some of the gimmicks and gadgets, but I certainly won’t miss the faults.

Anyway, till they bring out an EV Puma, I’m off to the land of the rising Sun and significantly lower running costs.

Hope you enjoy your Puma’s more than I was able to.

Gavin.

C5446CDB-940E-4A0F-829D-27137A9D3899.jpeg

Last edited by Spearmint on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

STer

Post by STer »

Wish you all the best. And a thanks to you and others like you who documented the faults you experienced, it resulted in me not selling out for an ST out of fear of ending up best mates (or not) with a dealer, and shuddering to think of it OUTSIDE of the warranty. Maybe it really is a truism of waiting a while instead of getting a new-to-themarket model...
Granted I'm not a fan of electric transpiration pods, but to each their own and I hope you're new car gives you stress free driving.
Have you got two houses or have you pinched your neighbour's parking spot?
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

All the best, looks very similar size wise, I did consider the cx30 but plumped for the better driving car, I'm not ready to plunge into the all electric world just yet, think I would suffer badly from the range anxiety but having said that the price of petrol is slowly pushing me there 😉 mind and let us all know how the new car's faring 👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

4FB68FA2-B2DD-4D56-83AD-85C9F26DB2F1.jpeg

His 4th Puma this week, third Puma rejection
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
STer

Post by STer »

Spearmint wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:36 pm

His 4th Puma this week, third Puma rejection
I don't think I'll be buying a PUMA

Is a car rejection much easier if you buy it straight out, without using PCP or some other 'finance'?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Multiple rejections and that's just one collection company. Now that is scary especially when it's three months to delivery for me. I'm toying with the idea of getting a professional to check mine out when it arrives at the dealers. I know a lot of these faults are not there for starters and appear days, weeks and even months later. Maybe the majority of owners don't use the forum which makes me wonder how high the rejection rate really is. Mine will be a 21.75 build so hopefully some of the earlier issues have been addressed. For instance it looks as though Ford have change the battery supplier. All new models have problems initially and some manufacturers are more quick than others to sort them out. The wait will become more intense though as delivery time nears.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Hope you took the reg off, you'll get a few quid for it, even if nobody bites you'd get retention fee back👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

All the best Gavin. Hope all works out ok.

Stop by now and again and let us know how the MX is fairing.

Stay safe. 😁👍
robgee

Post by robgee »

Hope you have more joy with the new MX-30 , pop by and give us a status update when you can
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Best of luck to you.

One bad apple (the car, not you Spearmint) amongst the many good ones that don’t get mentioned.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,