The long wait

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Well not so much good news for me. Despite my Vignale being ordered 3 weeks before Rizmo's and a couple of days before Oggies, my Puma is still sitting at the plant with a delivery forecast of week ending 25th December. I stormed into the dealer this morning with a screenshot of Rizmo and Oggies posts and asked then to explain why people who ordered their car after me have got them already. Mine was built on 8th November so why are they forecasting a 25th December delivery. They didn't have an answer and they said that they couldn't even chase things up with Ford because they are told 6 weeks for delivery and you can't enquire before that.

Obviously I'm furious, not with the dealer who is just as frustrated as me, but with Ford for their sh!t system. If you make a guy wait 5 months for his car to get built, at least have the decency to deliver it quickly. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic

sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Has Rizmo collected his?

By the silence he must be having a play with his new toy.
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Not yet. What's a few more days after waiting 5 months. It doesn't get any easier.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, if your Puma has been built it will not be sitting at the plant. Trains are hauling then out all day every day. Six weeks for delivery sounds a stretch.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:45 pm Vendee, if your Puma has been built it will not be sitting at the plant. Trains are hauling then out all day every day. Six weeks for delivery sounds a stretch.
The car status show it still at the plant. Dealer says the status changes when it is en route and changes again when in UK. He says cars come off the line and into a storage area and then onto the trains. He said that the cars don't always go onto the trains in the same order as they go into storage. Seems like mine is at the back of the storage area and missing out on a place on the train.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's possible to check on the ro-ro ships which carry the Pumas from Holland to England. Go to vesselfinder.com and key in CELESTINE, ADELINE AND WILHELMINE. There are lots of details regarding these ships, where they are but no manifest of what they are carrying. Click track on map underneath the picture of the vessel for precise location. Gives you departure/arrival times how long at sea or in which port. Something to look at while the wait goes on.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, that's a new one. A small number of cars are picked out for testing like rolling road, rough surfaces, brake and steering tests and more. They will be held up for a while. Also key in Craiova on Google maps and find the Ford plant. You can see lots of cars parked next to the rail terminal. The car trains carry between 4 to 8 hundred cars. Lots must leave each day to avoid a bottleneck. There are also some local newspapers online which sometimes have info on the car plants. This includes Dacia, the biggest car producer in Romania. In the end none of this compensates for the disappointment of what seems a never ending wait. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, there are videos on Youtube of the car builds and the selective testing I mentioned previously. It's in Romanian but does have subtitles.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:57 pm Also key in Craiova on Google maps and find the Ford plant. You can see lots of cars parked next to the rail terminal. The car trains carry between 4 to 8 hundred cars.
I know..... I posted a link to the satellite image of the plant and its rail lines here yesterday.
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

You guys have done really well to find out so much about the transporting. I spent an age trying to track a car like that from South Africa a few years back and never got down to the actual vessel names.