The long wait

All Ford Puma related discussions
Pumadave

Post by Pumadave »

Vender.. Exactly the same as mine order , I order my Puma on the 9th August 2021, built on the 19th Nove 2021 and expected delivery tonEssex based uk dealership was 24th December 2021 . Was moved back last Thursday to first week of Jan 2022. Grrrr

Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Lottery indeed is putting it lightly. Just seems to be no reason at all to any of it. Is there anything in the spec that links the orders most severely delayed?
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Curryhouse wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 am Yayyyyyy - light is finally at the end of the tunnel AND I suddenly believe in Santa Claus πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ„ πŸŽ…. Car is with the dealer on 24th Dec. Which is slightly difficult due to that date but can worked around. Thankfully we don't have people staying for Christmas. It was mentioned that it could be a few days earlier. So, it has been built by Santa's little helpers and Rudolph and his team are on the way. To continue the Christmas theme - is it too early for mulled wine at 10.33 in the morning ...
Soooooooo today is the 24th and the driveway is empty! Never really expected it on Christmas eve but why say so?
This is the 3rd "delivery" date I have received. Nothing can be done now and we are going away. Its a bit annoying seeing posts of people's new cars AND their order date is well after mine. Do I cancel and look for something else and they can pocket a massive profit or do I give them another chance? Gonna "switch off" now and enjoy the festivities and finally make a decision when all the bottles have been emptied and there is absolutely nothing left of the turkey. Ah well, that's that. Enjoy your Christmas everyone - I certainly will.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Curryhouse wrote: ↑Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:30 pm
Curryhouse wrote: ↑Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 am Yayyyyyy - light is finally at the end of the tunnel AND I suddenly believe in Santa Claus πŸ§‘β€πŸŽ„ πŸŽ…. Car is with the dealer on 24th Dec. Which is slightly difficult due to that date but can worked around. Thankfully we don't have people staying for Christmas. It was mentioned that it could be a few days earlier. So, it has been built by Santa's little helpers and Rudolph and his team are on the way. To continue the Christmas theme - is it too early for mulled wine at 10.33 in the morning ...
Soooooooo today is the 24th and the driveway is empty! Never really expected it on Christmas eve but why say so?
This is the 3rd "delivery" date I have received. Nothing can be done now and we are going away. Its a bit annoying seeing posts of people's new cars AND their order date is well after mine. Do I cancel and look for something else and they can pocket a massive profit or do I give them another chance? Gonna "switch off" now and enjoy the festivities and finally make a decision when all the bottles have been emptied and there is absolutely nothing left of the turkey. Ah well, that's that. Enjoy your Christmas everyone - I certainly will.
Well in a way I'm glad you are annoyed because I ordered mine a month BEFORE you and current forecast is 15th January yet you reckoned I was over-reacting and advised me to take a "chill pill". Perhaps now you know how I feel.

FWIW, my dealer emailed me today to say there was no update to my status and he can't say if my car has arrived at Flushing but he does say that his VISTA system was last updated on 18th December so it might just possibly be at Flushing. Even so, I doubt it will be at the dealer by 15th January. As a reminder, mine was ordered on 16th June. Best case scenario will be 7 months from order to delivery and 10 weeks from build to delivery..... hardly an over-reaction. Merry Christmas.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Vendee, when your car leaves Flushing it's about a 10 hour trip to Dagenham docks and a few hours to unload. Then there's the customs to clear followed by a car transporter to your dealer who needs a couple of days to prep it. Should be no more than 2 weeks, maybe a bit less with luck which you certainly deserve some of.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm Vendee, when your car leaves Flushing it's about a 10 hour trip to Dagenham docks and a few hours to unload. Then there's the customs to clear followed by a car transporter to your dealer who needs a couple of days to prep it. Should be no more than 2 weeks, maybe a bit less with luck which you certainly deserve some of.
Thanks. I'm next going to visit the dealer on 4th January and I expect the car to be at Flushing or Dagenham, given that Ford told the dealer that the car was "on its way to the UK" on 20th December. If the system reports that the car is still in Romania on 4th January then someone at Ford has been telling porkies and the order will be cancelled at that point...... but I'm probably being overly pessimistic and I need to take their assurances as being truthful. Hopefully the latest delivery date of week ending 15th January is correct but I've had at least 8 delivery dates since October so..................
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

Vendee wrote: ↑Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:50 pm
Rizmo wrote: ↑Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:43 pm Vendee, when your car leaves Flushing it's about a 10 hour trip to Dagenham docks and a few hours to unload. Then there's the customs to clear followed by a car transporter to your dealer who needs a couple of days to prep it. Should be no more than 2 weeks, maybe a bit less with luck which you certainly deserve some of.
Thanks. I'm next going to visit the dealer on 4th January and I expect the car to be at Flushing or Dagenham, given that Ford told the dealer that the car was "on its way to the UK" on 20th December. If the system reports that the car is still in Romania on 4th January then someone at Ford has been telling porkies and the order will be cancelled at that point...... but I'm probably being overly pessimistic and I need to take their assurances as being truthful. Hopefully the latest delivery date of week ending 15th January is correct but I've had at least 8 delivery dates since October so..................
Before you cancel your order, can you pass it on to me, pretty please!
Titanium 125, Solar Silver