The long wait

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

I have been given an estimated build date this morning of 14-Jan for mine. Fingers crossed. Lots of uncertainty creeping back in to the world with omicron so I don't think anything is a given.

SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Bluecat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:23 am I have been given an estimated build date this morning of 14-Jan for mine. Fingers crossed. Lots of uncertainty creeping back in to the world with omicron so I don't think anything is a given.
Good news Bluecat. I ordered mine a week or so after you, so here's hoping I get my build date soon?
Puma ST Line X Vignale - Frozen White - DAP - 155bhp Auto - Pan Roof - HFPT
Ordered on 12 Nov 21
Pick up from dealer - 20 May 22
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Fingers crossed for you and everyone that are waiting. Signs seem to be that things are suddenly moving a bit more. For more reasons as well as cars, just hope this omicron stuff blows over without turning too serious.

Follow up e-mail from my dealer. He doesn't know but wouldn't rule out me having a VIN assigned this year which for me will be next best thing for Christmas to getting the car itself.
lukeknee1996

Post by lukeknee1996 »

Does anyone know how long is it taking Ford to ship cars over as mine was gate released last week 24th but haven’t been given any eta to the dealer from the dealer

Thanks

Also does anyone know how to turn the short vin into a long one

Thanks
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

lukeknee1996 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:47 am Does anyone know how long is it taking Ford to ship cars over as mine was gate released last week 24th but haven’t been given any eta to the dealer from the dealer

Thanks

Also does anyone know how to turn the short vin into a long one

Thanks
Mine was gate released on 8th November and I don't have it yet. Last forecast was week ending December 25th but I've got a bad feeling about that too.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Usually around five weeks but there have been some wild fluctuations. It's a nightmare that few are able to deal with.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Spoonface

Post by Spoonface »

Got a build date of 21st Jan (Sept order)- apparently mine was oldest Puma order on their system still waiting for a build date. Been told they try to get them to dealerships in 5 weeks but they did have one arrive in 2 so sounds a bit of lottery at the moment.
Hers: ST-Line Design Frozen White | His: ST-Line Grey Matter
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

As I predicted, my dealer contacted me today and told me that delivery had slipped until the New Year. This is a car that was built on 8th November. Eight weeks to deliver a car from Romania is just taking the piss. I asked the dealer for some money off the price to compensate but they said no. I told the dealer that they wouldn't be getting any of my servicing money in the future. I am livid at the moment. The car was ordered on June 16th.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Markx

Post by Markx »

Hi guys just put my order in for a puma st , can’t get one anywhere so factory build the earliest date I’ve been told is may due this problem with the semi conductors world wide…I’m in no rush I’ve just ordered early to make sure I get it before September,so fingers crossed any earlier then may would be a bonus ..
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

Mine took 2 to 3 weeks from being built to arriving at the dealership. I was amazed when I got the call..
Vignale 155 auto in Fantastic Red with driver support pack hands free tailgate and a spare wheel.