The long wait

All Ford Puma related discussions
STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 am [

Nice one...You can't beat a salesman that knows his product.... :lol:
Yes, about a week and a half ago I visited a Hyundai place and was talking to a 'new guy' about when he reckons they'd have an i20 N in. The 'new guy' was quite young and helpful and polite. The 'main man' quickly came along and seemed to bully his way into the coversation. Kn*b type salesman. I asked him when the new Kona N is due, and he pointed towards the Kona N line. I said 'it's a totally different car mate. Like rain is different to the sun'. I also mentioned that the new Kona N is going to be DCT auto only, which he said it wasn't. I said it is mate. Do some research.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

My brother, who lives in the US worked as a car salesman (Chrysler dealership) for a while and won numerous awards. Anyway, he told me you had to know both the product and the customer, he was active on forums, helping where he could, but, learning about the customers and the niggles etc. He also said, 'Never blow smoke up a customers ass, the knowledgeable ones will know immediately and the others will be back time and again because you oversold it and it's not living up to expectation'.
He's no longer in the trade, but thanks to him I talk plainly to salesmen and if I smell BS I call it out and have, in the past, asked for another salesman.... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
STer

Post by STer »

Sparks wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 pm My brother, who lives in the US worked as a car salesman (Chrysler dealership) for a while and won numerous awards. Anyway, he told me you had to know both the product and the customer, he was active on forums, helping where he could, but, learning about the customers and the niggles etc. He also said, 'Never blow smoke up a customers ass, the knowledgeable ones will know immediately and the others will be back time and again because you oversold it and it's not living up to expectation'.
He's no longer in the trade, but thanks to him I talk plainly to salesmen and if I smell BS I call it out and have, in the past, asked for another salesman.... ;)
Yes, agree. They see 95% of people who don't know or care much about cars other than it's an A to B thing, They come in and say 'give me a car for £350 a month'. Don't know jack about anything other than its make and colour.
But a percentage are enthusiasts, go on forums, love driving and cars. SO of course probably have done TONNES of hours of watching reviews, reading articles etc before they even step foot in a dealer's door.
A good salesman can ADAPT.
I've only ever experienced it once. My mrs got a MINI and the salesman knew from the off that i was into cars when you start talking of dampers and throttle response, 3 cylinder engines and rev matching, talking of the plant where it was made etc. He himself was into cars and did ZERO BS, and was just really a facilitator.
Later on in the process I mentioned this to him- how he wasn't heavy etc and he said you just got to learn to adapt to the person in front of you.
He was a nice guy to be fair and i left him an A grade google review. Never thought I'd write a positive one of those about a car salesman lol
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

Recieved an email to say the build date has now been moved to mid October, so it seems its a 5 month wait.
Vignale 155 auto in Fantastic Red with driver support pack hands free tailgate and a spare wheel.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

oggie1947 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 pm Recieved an email to say the build date has now been moved to mid October, so it seems its a 5 month wait.
Same here. 14th October delivery date now slipped to 14th November. Was ordered about 15th June.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Seems the higher the spec the longer the wait. Update due on my Vignale next Monday but I'm not confident.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
John34077

Post by John34077 »

Where are you getting your build dates from? I ordered an ST line 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing.
ST Line 1.0 Auto Solar Silver. Park Pack, Electric Tailgate, EATC, Spare Wheel
Ordered late August 21, delivered March 15 2022.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Your dealer can give updates; ask to be informed on a regular basis, good or bad news.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
oggie1947

Post by oggie1947 »

Vendee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:58 pm
oggie1947 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:14 pm Recieved an email to say the build date has now been moved to mid October, so it seems its a 5 month wait.
Same here. 14th October delivery date now slipped to 14th November. Was ordered about 15th June.
Just been told that its now a 2nd November build date, so looking at early to mid December for a collection date. Ordered on the 16th June so it now seems to be a 6 month wait for a Puma. Incidently if you go to the Ford website and build a new one it still says available in 3 weeks....
Vignale 155 auto in Fantastic Red with driver support pack hands free tailgate and a spare wheel.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Probably the Design variants.