Fiesta ST to Puma ST line

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vin

Post by Vin »

Picked up the puma today, quite impressed at the minute, rides really well smooths out the crap broken roads we all have to drive on these days. It just has that quality comfortable feel about it.
Puma St line X 125 MHEV with power tailgate.

Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

They certainly ride well and in Sport mode the drive is great. I find I’m using it more and more at the moment.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Alistair wrote: ↑Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:38 am Had a Fiesta ST Edition now Puma ST Line X 155

Yeah miss the power a bit but so much more comfortable and bettter fuel economy.

No regrets, so far
Can you repeat your last comment, please πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ˜…. Far too many negative posts on here at the moment re the Puma (Ford must have filled their reject compound by now). Hopefully, by the time I get mine all the comments/issues/problems will have been fed through by dealers to Ford HQ who then tell the factory to up their game. I believe the battery supplier has been changed already.
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Not everyone on here has negative comments of their cars.

Some negative comments are from those who don’t own one! πŸ™„πŸ˜†

Like most things in life, people only comment on the negatives and hardly ever praise.
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
STer

Post by STer »

NeilS wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:43 am

Interesting. I thought the comments where from owners actual experiences, which is very welcomed as it informs others.

Moreover, which 'negative comments' are from owners who don't own one?

I can't recall a would-be or thinking-of-being-an-owner commenting on dealing with issues with the car they don't have?

Remember, a would-be owner making a judgement/comment on actual stories of issues from other posers don't constitute something negative. In fact, it could be seen as a positive.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

STer wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 am
NeilS wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:43 am

Interesting. I thought the comments where from owners actual experiences, which is very welcomed as it informs others.

Moreover, which 'negative comments' are from owners who don't own one?

I can't recall a would-be or thinking-of-being-an-owner commenting on dealing with issues with the car they don't have?

Remember, a would-be owner making a judgement/comment on actual stories of issues from other posers don't constitute something negative. In fact, it could be seen as a positive.
Whoa...no wonder I couldn't find my soap box this morning πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ I do seem to remember a poster not going to buy because of all the negative feedback, can't be @rsed trying to fish it out but Neil is correct, sorry budπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

Thank you πŸ‘πŸ»
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
STer

Post by STer »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:11 am

Whoa...no wonder I couldn't find my soap box this morning πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ I do seem to remember a poster not going to buy because of all the negative feedback, can't be @rsed trying to fish it out but Neil is correct, sorry budπŸ˜³πŸ˜‰πŸ˜
Hi. I think you may have found your soap box, going by your colourful remarks.

However, and to the point: So it isn't ' posterS' and 'those' who don't own, it's a singular one- me? :P

And recall we are looking for examples for where non-owners expressed 'negative' comments about the actual car. Choosing not to purchase a car based on actual user cases, well documented by current and prior owners who were selfless enough to document their troubles, constitutes somewhat of an informed decision, not a negative one. It is a judgement. A negative comment about a car is an owner documenting their issues with it, as many have done, for example like when you documented a particular issue on the 'deep sleep' thread. Appreciated.

For completeness, I think the car looks nice, and reviews from 'journos' and users seem to indicate it rides well, too. Which generally is why, I presume, a significant percentage number of owners consider a/the car originally.
However, reading the many experiences of owner issues, and even rejections, has informed me to consider alternatives.

I'm still searching for posts where non-owners are describing negative aspects of the car, and not just making decisions based on real-life user experiences.
Maybe a non-owner has returned the car they don't own for a panel gap which don't exist? lol
I guess everyday is a school day.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

@ STer which colourful remarks (plural) would you be referring toπŸ€” I myself purchased after viewing some negative feedback and have even had some of these same issues, Rombat and updating software, panel gaps etc.
We're all on here to help one another after all....steps down off STer's soapbox πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ‘
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
STer

Post by STer »

BjNtheBear wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:51 am I myself purchased after viewing some negative feedback and have even had some of these same issues, Rombat and updating software, panel gaps etc.
Thank you for informing the board of the negative issues with your car, where the most active area of your posting has been in the faults and technical section. It's helped to inform others.