Fiesta ST to Puma ST line

All Ford Puma related discussions
Vin

Post by Vin »

I’m thinking of trading in my mk8 fiesta ST 2 for a puma ST line , has anyone done this and if so do you miss the performance side of the fiesta or have you just settled in to the puma for what it is.
Puma St line X 125 MHEV with power tailgate.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I did just this in Feb 20. I miss the torque and the lsd with performance pack. I don't miss feeling every road defect and worrying about where I've parked it. (Keyless etc).

It's like comparing an apple with an orange. They're very different. Ford do know how to put a chassis and suspension together, you can still have some fun. Just don't expect the German build quality you've had with the fiST.
STer

Post by STer »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:11 pm Just don't expect the German build quality you've had with the fiST.
I'm not one for the 'big' German car brands, but the FiST having German build quality? :lol:
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Fiesta ST built in Germany. Quality of fit and finish way beyond Puma.
stephen600

Post by stephen600 »

I've gone from the mk4 focus st to the puma st the missus has a mk st 2 and I can honestly say I enjoy driving the puma as much as the other 2 and the fit and Finnish is just as good too .
Vin

Post by Vin »

Thanks for your input, it will be nice to not have to swerve about all over the road to pick out the smoothest bit of tarmac as I do in the fiesta and I’ve damaged 2 wheels in 3 years on pot holes.
STer

Post by STer »

Wdf76 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:17 am Fiesta ST built in Germany. Quality of fit and finish way beyond Puma.
No way that the car itself, has the build quality of one of the big German brands.
There's more than just being built in a country.

Not sure if the 'normal' Fiesta also has German build quality?
That's about the only car which I've had (a 1,000 miles courtesy) which i could see panel gaps, sticking panel out bits etc to the point where even my Mrs noticed them with no prompt.
Last edited by STer on Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STer

Post by STer »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:11 pm I did just this in Feb 20. I miss the torque and the lsd with performance pack.
That was a big move, going from a performance pack ST to a non-ST Puma.
Were you bored of the Fiesta ST?

I find the ride of that okay actually. It's like when many people go on about the MINI's ride, even the latest one with its apparently 'punishing ride', which I also find fine.
In the past I had a Mk1, 2008, Swift Sport. And THAT was brutal. Literally no compliancy or give. I even, (worse luck) for a good chunk of ownership, had it on Falken tyres too, which themselves were hard as concrete compared the GoodYear Eagles I replaced them with. Anyway, the Swift Sport Mk1's ride made the Mk8 ST's ride (granted, the 20 or so mins I went in one) seem fine.
Having a history which involves a Mk1 Swift Sport is a good thing when judging if a suspension is fine lol
Vin

Post by Vin »

I’ve done it, traded in the fiesta ST got a white puma ST line X with power tailgate on its way, it’s only the 125ps as could not find a 155ps any where unless I was prepared to wait for a build.
Deleted User 696

Post by Deleted User 696 »

Had a Fiesta ST Edition now Puma ST Line X 155

Yeah miss the power a bit but so much more comfortable and bettter fuel economy.

No regrets, so far