Insurance

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Is the 155 in a different insurance group to the 125.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Seems to range from 11 to 16 depending on engine and trim level

ST is higher though
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

100E6C15-E1BA-4CF6-BD2A-DF7B0DC80921.png

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Just had my first year renewal through the door. Looks like it's LV again and £50 cheaper than the next nearest quotes. This'll be the first year in a long time that I've renewed with the same company.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Good to hear, insurance companies saved a fortune in reduced claims during the lockdowns. Maybe LV are passing some savings on . I'll look to them when my new Puma arrives.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I like LV, good insurance company, but Churchill beat them on price by quite a bit. And they'll also discount Green Flag breakdown cover as they're both owned by Direct Line.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

An insurance company is only as good as the service you get when you really need them. I use LV, but hope not to test them.... ;)
Most of these insurance companies are a con in as much as many of them are owned by a few overarching companies. So when you switch you may be insured by basically the same company as your last.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

True Sparks, usually you don't get to know who your really with until the deed is done.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

My insurer changed my car from a B Max 998cc 125 bhp to a Puma 998cc 125 bhp at no cost, so no difference for me. I've never used LV but I have had a policy with Churchill for many years as has my wife. Whilst I have made no claims, we have claimed a couple of times on her policy and had no problems with their service.

I had to change my insurer last year as Churchill became uncompetitive for me for some reason and would not reduce their premium even though I told them I didn't want to leave.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

As of 01Jan22 insurers will not be allowed to hike existing customers premiums to offer new customer discounts. Any new customer offer by law must be available to existing customers. Which is good news until they find a loophole!
I expect that's why some existing policies are coming through competitive for the first time.