My first really long drive

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

Started our holiday ( postponed from last year) so a long drive down to Devon from York, adaptive cruise virtually all the way, absolutely brilliant love it, I’ll never have ordinary cruise again, I didn’t thrash it , just set cruise to 70, and took it nice and steady, mpg showed 58.6 on the rip computer, comfy seats and relatively quiet, just a bit of tyre noise on rougher tarmac, even the normally hit and miss traffic sign was faultless, might try sport mode for the way back…
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Enjoy yourselves Alan. 🤞for a bit of decent weather.
Mike

Post by Mike »

58.6 you have to be happy with that.
Enjoy your break
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Will be interresting to see how close you get to 58.6 in sport mode on the way back
alanp

Post by alanp »

I might chicken out and just use normal mode..😁
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

alanp wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:58 pm Started our holiday ( postponed from last year) so a long drive down to Devon from York, adaptive cruise virtually all the way, absolutely brilliant love it, I’ll never have ordinary cruise again, I didn’t thrash it , just set cruise to 70, and took it nice and steady, mpg showed 58.6 on the rip computer, comfy seats and relatively quiet, just a bit of tyre noise on rougher tarmac, even the normally hit and miss traffic sign was faultless, might try sport mode for the way back…
Have to agree with you Alan on the adaptive cruise. Now I’ve got used to it I love it. Wish I’d specced it on my new van that’s due soon.
I’d do Sport on the way home. Then you have a proper A/B test on the same run. Don’t think it’ll make much difference on consumption to be honest though. It doesn’t on mine. Have a great holiday!
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Adaptive cruise is an absolute good send,love it on my fiesta,makes long distance motorway driving and absolute breeze dont it
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Not used the adaptive cruise yet but I will when I go on a long trip.

It’s hell of a drive from York. We did Cornwall two years ago but stopped over a couple of nights in Sutton Coalfield (to watch athletics).

Great you enjoyed the ride.

Sport mode didn’t affect my mpg that much on our drive to Scarborough the other day. I had it on going out and normal coming home. I would imagine in cruise it won’t make much difference at all.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

I agree, haven't seen any real MPG difference between Normal, Eco, Sport modes. Just that Sport makes it easier to use significantly more fuel. The other modes take much more effort 😉.
I find a good compromise is Sport with engine stop/start manually re-enabled.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

JFDIT wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:25 pm I agree, haven't seen any real MPG difference between Normal, Eco, Sport modes. Just that Sport makes it easier to use significantly more fuel. The other modes take much more effort 😉.
I find a good compromise is Sport with engine stop/start manually re-enabled.
Thanks for that info. I was beginning to come to that conclusion myself. The car does feel a lot better in sport mode though.

Does anyone know what criteria has to be fulfilled for the system to switch off one cylinder and do the driving modes have any significant bearing on this?