My first really long drive

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

cianpars wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:30 pm Does anyone know what criteria has to be fulfilled for the system to switch off one cylinder and do the driving modes have any significant bearing on this?
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedi ... 0-lit.html

And a bit more info from a discussion. Sure there's a forum member here that having stuttering issues when accelerating?

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/t ... vibration/

Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Thanks for that. The articles were interesting. The lumpy acceleration definitely does occur after I've been coasting and I floor it. And I have noticed there are times the interior mirror vibrates such that I can't see out of it. I'll mention it to the dealership tomorrow. And experiment with keeping it in Sport mode.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

If I read the thread from fordfouums correctly then cylinder deactivation has been ditched for Europe.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

Yes it seems to suggest that. Wonder when it might have happened. Can't find mention of it in the Brochure I have from end of last year either. I'll start a new thread to see if anyone knows.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well I finally got the adaptive (intelligent) cruise to work 🥳🥳

Only set it at 67mph on the A64 York bypass but it worked a treat! Weird at first, feeling it braking for you, but I think I could get used to it very quickly.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
alanp

Post by alanp »

It’s brilliant isn’t it, it’s good to watch the hybrid meter giving extra shove as it’s required
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
VonnieR

Post by VonnieR »

I’ve just done trip from Oxford to Devon and am only averaging 42 mpg which I’m disappointed with. I like the intelligent cruise control and used this most of the way in normal mode. Any tips for increasing the mpg?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Keep off the cruise control and mpg will increase.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

42 mpg sounds awful unless you have an ST rather than an ST Line. Heavy traffic en route? Heavy acceleration? Fuel economy drops considerably if you go much over 70. Tyres need pumping up? Vehicle full of heavy passengers or luggage? Roofrack?

I did a 150 mile trip with 5 on board recently and my economy for that trip was nearer the mid 40s than the mid 50s I normally get.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Depends on what you relied on for the figure, Trip meter says one thing, average MPG another etc etc. How you drive, conditions, traffic, etc will change the figure every trip.
Forget about it and don't check it.....The car needs to go from A to B and it needs fuel to do that, checking the fuel consumption won't really change anything.... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.