SECURIALERT

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mike

Post by Mike »

will use it when away, just been to the lakes for a couple of days and would have set it for then
might activate it when it goes to the dealers for anything see if it lets me know when it has been opened up.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Tommo56

Post by Tommo56 »

Ye gods.... I don't get it. I've seen folk going on about Securialert over the past weeks and how bad/good it is. Yet I've never had it on my Fordpass (or Fordpass Pro) and could never figure out how to enable it.
But, today, as if by magic, its appeared on the apps, so now I can complain about it too now :D :D

But it's weird, the app hadn't updated, Sync software updated over a week ago, but today Securialert appears :roll:
2021.75 Puma, STLineX Vignale, MHEV, 155bhp, 7spDCT, Fantastic Red.
Winter pack, Massage seats, B&O audio, Fixed LED headlights - all standard AFAIK. Accessories fitted: "AAWireless" Android Auto, rubber floor and megabox mats.
asl3312

Post by asl3312 »

Tommo56 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:27 pm Ye gods.... I don't get it. I've seen folk going on about Securialert over the past weeks and how bad/good it is. Yet I've never had it on my Fordpass (or Fordpass Pro) and could never figure out how to enable it.
But, today, as if by magic, its appeared on the apps, so now I can complain about it too now :D :D

But it's weird, the app hadn't updated, Sync software updated over a week ago, but today Securialert appears :roll:
Just checked mine after reading this and yes, you are correct.. although I did update the pro app (android) the other day, I didn't actually check this.

IMG_20211009_183750.jpg

***NOW SOLD*** 2020 ST Line X 7DCT Auto 125PS - Magnetic Grey - DAP - LED - HFPT - Panoramic Roof - 19" Alloys
Deleted User 965

Post by Deleted User 965 »

Posting here initially be conscious it may need it’s own thread. I have activated Securialert but like others I don’t want a barrage of unnecessary alerts every time I go to the car, so I’m trying the use the schedule. The schedule just doesn’t work for me though. It never activates or deactivates at the set times. I’ve gone as simple as it gets too, 22:00 to 08:00 for every day.

Has anyone come across this?
Deleted User 878

Post by Deleted User 878 »

Bluecat..are we going to see your new addition?
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Bluecat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:25 am so I’m trying the use the schedule. The schedule just doesn’t work for me though. It never activates or deactivates at the set times. I’ve gone as simple as it gets too, 22:00 to 08:00 for every day.

The Schedule is a very simplistic system. If you have set up a single schedule from 22:00 to 08:00 then it will be invalid because the end time is before the start time!

I have set up two schedules called Morning 00:00 to 09:00 and Afternoon 14:00 to 23:55. This works 99.99% of the time for me in my lazy retirement. I expect (and do) get alerts within these schedules. It works well.

Let’s hope nobody tries to steal the car between 23:55 and midnight :D

8FC03AE8-E798-490B-8422-2417A521C3DB.jpeg

IMG_0094.PNG

Last edited by Deleted User 905 on Tue May 10, 2022 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny1

Post by Danny1 »

Sadly it’s a good idea but poorly executed, Ford subbed it out as they did with the app and it’s poor at best! I have tried it a few times on my Fiesta ST and on the Puma too, you often get alerts from 2 hours ago! It’s useful to log the driving behaviour if you leave your car for valet parking at airports (we have done this) but otherwise it’s a bit rubbish!
Fiesta ST Performance Edition, Puma ST Frozen White, Performance pack, power tailgate and Pan roof dark wheels
Deleted User 965

I did see the bit about not going over 24 hours but I didn’t honestly imagine it would literally mean that! Wow! It says correctly that it will next deactivate at 08:00 tomorrow, but just never does it.

What’s with the snazzy dark version of the app with the tiles and stuff? New version rolling out or is that the pro version?
Deleted User 965

denty1964 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:28 am Bluecat..are we going to see your new addition?
Yeah mate, I promise. I’m gonna wash it Saturday and then nip up on the moors and get some pics. It is literally covered in poo from the flying beasties and sand stone dust from the building work going on up the road. It looks very 2nd hand at the moment. I should hopefully have the plate holders on too by the weekend.
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

Bluecat wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:10 pm What’s with the snazzy dark version of the app with the tiles and stuff? New version rolling out or is that the pro version?

Yes, it’s the Pro version :D