Get oil changed at 1 year old or not?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 905

Post by Deleted User 905 »

LittlePuma wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 pm Hi there, I have a question. What if your oil life indicator on the forspass app advice you to have the oil changed but you ignore it, does the warranty decease? Let's say it would show the warning 0% at 1000 miles for instance.
You ignore and make the service at the 20k miles or so.
Thanx!

I suspect that situation will never happen. The oil life on my FordPass (1st service 2 years or 18000) is a simple countdown to two years as I will be way under 18000 at 2 years.

LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Ok thank you, so there is a quite appropriate match.
Sometimes I feel the % goes down a little in a hurry... not in line with the real mileage.
Ok it is an intelligent tool that sees the kind of engine use / reading data, but...
Vin

Post by Vin »

1.0l eco boost in puma’s is the redesigned engine with turbo at the rear of engine and it runs a chain not a belt as on the previous 1.0l eco boost, but I would still do a oil change every year.
Puma St line X 125 MHEV with power tailgate.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Really, where can I find more informations about this variation?
I knew it was actually equipped with a rubber wet timing belt. That would be great if so.
I look forward to knowing more please

If I go and search for replacement parts, as a result I get the rubber timing belt type for the Puma engine code/s, all versions, ST included, though...
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

Hi I got it confirmed from another bloke, too.
Now I have to determine if mine is the updated version.
Then if every Puma has been released this way since the beginning, Bob's your uncle :)
Last edited by LittlePuma on Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Recommend timing kit change is 144k miles or 10 years (I’ve seen it stated as 100k or 10 years)

I think belts are usually 5 years or 50k x at least for all the motors I see with belts.

VW Vans are an example - I’ve been looking at campervans and every one of them over 50k states the belt and water pump has been changed. Same at 100k.

My conclusion is we have a chain.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

I also read that most modern Fords have timing chains now.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think they changed in 2019, but stand to be shot down... :(
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
LittlePuma

Post by LittlePuma »

I got it confirmed by a trusted mechanic.
I feel more reassured now, i personally didn't feel the belt in oil as a reliable part.
(In my previous car I changed the whole kit every 5 years, it had a common timing belt not a chain).
Thanx everyone ;)
Sagalout

Post by Sagalout »

Hi, seems like the Ford servicing is getting less. My EcoSport (waiting for a Puma) went in for its first service???? (Visual health check!!) and I had them do an oil change which is not covered. The cost £60 was parts only, no labour as they did it whilst it was booked in. I would always have a yearly oil change just for peace of mind.
Puma ST-Line, 155ps, Agate Black, Parking pack, Rear privacy glass, Diamondbrite Premium pack.
Ordered 28th January 2022