Wifi Android auto

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stevep999 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:30 pm There's just a link to a tracking page but no details of who the delivery firm is. They've just accepted its lost so sending another. Hopefully it wont take too long
Try another couple of parcel tracking sites (Google them). Mine said it was in Rugby for quite a while when it was still actually stuck at Heathrow customs.
If you are lucky, two will turn up... ;) :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Nice one Spark :-) Looks like it's coming via Evri / Hermes ........ no wonder it's delayed !!!!!!
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

That's who delivered mine. They seem to log it into Rugby the minute it's in Heathrow, before they even get their hands on it. They can change the name, but, I doubt the service will be any different. :roll: ;)
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Sparks wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:05 pm The wireless pad is useless as a charger really. As constant wireless charging is bad for your phone (heat), I've got a some black foam (from case package) in there so that I can put my phone in the front without it charging wirelessly....I'd appreciate an on off of the charging plate... ;)
I just turn my S10 so that the front of the phone (which is in a case) rests against the charger. Then it does not charge. I've also set it to charge to 85% only, not 100%.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:03 pm
Sparks wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:05 pm The wireless pad is useless as a charger really. As constant wireless charging is bad for your phone (heat), I've got a some black foam (from case package) in there so that I can put my phone in the front without it charging wirelessly....I'd appreciate an on off of the charging plate... ;)
I just turn my S10 so that the front of the phone (which is in a case) rests against the charger. Then it does not charge. I've also set it to charge to 85% only, not 100%.
That's what I do except the foam is there to give it extra protection (don't have a case that covers the front) and I don't have to worry about just sliding it in. Belt and braces I agree, but, until they give us the option to turn wireless charging on and off, it'll do....
Merlot

Post by Merlot »

Ordered my AA Wireless on 2nd August and it arrived today; approximately 2 weeks. All seems to work, just not been on a test journey.
Ford Puma mHEV 155 ST-Line X Vignale with drivers assistance pack and power tailgate, Lucid Red
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Nice one....2 weeks is quite quick, they sell out on Amazon as soon as they put a new batch up. I was an early adopter when they started up and had to wait for months as the chip shortage kicked in at the same time as they were developing it.
Hope it all works for you, it's brilliant once set up...All your steering wheel controls work with it as well.
indigorider

Post by indigorider »

Does AAWireless or Carsifi work with CarPlay from Apple?

Thats would be awesome because wife has an iphone and i an android.
ST-Line X | Desert Blue | 155 hp | 2020
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

indigorider wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:41 pm Does AAWireless or Carsifi work with CarPlay from Apple?

If you’re looking for Wireless CarPlay then I can recommend OTTOCAST Wireless CarPlay Adapter 2022. Mine’s hidden away under the armrest and works flawlessly. Connects quickly and had no dropouts or reconnection issues.
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
indigorider

Post by indigorider »

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:07 pm
indigorider wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:41 pm Does AAWireless or Carsifi work with CarPlay from Apple?

If you’re looking for Wireless CarPlay then I can recommend OTTOCAST Wireless CarPlay Adapter 2022. Mine’s hidden away under the armrest and works flawlessly. Connects quickly and had no dropouts or reconnection issues.
Im looking for one device with the support for both systems, Android Auto and CarPlay.
ST-Line X | Desert Blue | 155 hp | 2020