Battery problem update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Ok, try for the module updates/ replacement battery. The dealer needs a chance to help you so it's worth a shot and you may get a courtesy car.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Perhaps you can have the garage on Arran supply and fit you a new 12v battery to see if that solves your issues. You'll have spent the cost of the battery by the time you've made the journey and faffed about.

Whilst it's not ideal, your battery is a lemon, your Puma is not.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Since the full change a week ago can you estimate how many hours you've driven it?

Phone the dealer and ask what service actions are outstanding on your car. Ask them if any are for known battery drain issues. Try to keep the battery charged until it's fixed.

I'll PM you my address for sending the cask of whiskey :D
Linda Turnef

Post by Linda Turnef »

Chocky I would gladly supply a bottle of Arran’s best to the person who can sort this problem out 🥃🥃🥃🤣🤣
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Hi. I'm currently having the same issue with mine. Waiting for a ford technician to see mine next week. Mine went from full charge to deep sleep in 6 days with out being driven anywhere as the dealer are just sitting with my vehicle waiting for Ford
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Hi, I only started getting these messages on my Ford Pass App after I updated the App on my mobile at play store to the latest version of Ford Pass. I think as soon as you turn the engine on the next time you drive it Ford Pass works as normal. Looks they do not want the car continually signaling to the mobile app when it is parked on your drive to save the battery on your car. Maybe they have had a lot of complaints about flat batteries due to the Ford Pass App being on all the time? I have had no low battery warning on my dash so that's all I can think of.

Cheers

Mike
Linda Turnef

Post by Linda Turnef »

So car went into dealership and surprise surprise they said battery fine and all modules checked out. The service bod did say that the tech had said that there are so many modules on the car that the battery can't cope!! So I pointed out to him that Ford are providing batteries not fit for purpose!! So ghe fight is on with Ford, when it happens again I’ll be putting in a Varta battery, claim the cost back from Ford via a lawer and trade the car in, so well done Ford, been a customer for 35 years but no longer
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Supertramp wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:22 pm Hi, I only started getting these messages on my Ford Pass App after I updated the App on my mobile at play store to the latest version of Ford Pass. I think as soon as you turn the engine on the next time you drive it Ford Pass works as normal. Looks they do not want the car continually signaling to the mobile app when it is parked on your drive to save the battery on your car. Maybe they have had a lot of complaints about flat batteries due to the Ford Pass App being on all the time? I have had no low battery warning on my dash so that's all I can think of.

Cheers

Mike
I think the app is responsible too
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I think Ford will tone the app down going forward. It's reporting too much and giving service departments grief. You only used to know you had a battery problem when you went out and your car wouldn't start..... 😬
Pumanic

Post by Pumanic »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 pm I think Ford will tone the app down going forward. It's reporting too much and giving service departments grief. You only used to know you had a battery problem when you went out and your car wouldn't start..... 😬
Mine had got to the point of turning off central locking, stop start and the radio. To preserve battery