Lead Times

New to the Ford Puma Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Hopefully this chip shortage will sort it out the used prices and get them more affordable so more people can enjoy the motoring goodness,

Blupuma

Post by Blupuma »

The chip shortage is a bit of a perfect storm. Apparently there are 2 main factories in China that produce these components ( I heard this from someone else so please don’t shoot the messenger !! ). One was destroyed by fire, the other at constrained capacity due to COVID. Car manufacturers reduced their requirements due to the downturn in the market but the spare capacity was snapped up by manufacturers of electrical goods like computers, tablets, phones and the like. Now the car companies are having to wait for their components which, I would imagine is not something they are used to doing.
ST Line Vignale - Desert Blue - 125 Automatic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not to mention the massive snarl up in container shipping that is going to take months to sort out.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JCO

Post by JCO »

I’ve been told that dealers have ordered cars themselves then when you go to order provided car hasn’t gone to build you can add or retract options.
Puma st line x solar silver black contrast roof 125 Automatic, driver assistant pack, auto tailgate/keyless entry, winter pack, :D
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

Blupuma wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 pm The chip shortage is a bit of a perfect storm. Apparently there are 2 main factories in China that produce these components ( I heard this from someone else so please don’t shoot the messenger !! ). One was destroyed by fire, the other at constrained capacity due to COVID. Car manufacturers reduced their requirements due to the downturn in the market but the spare capacity was snapped up by manufacturers of electrical goods like computers, tablets, phones and the like. Now the car companies are having to wait for their components which, I would imagine is not something they are used to doing.
I read as well that car companies make up something stupid like 6% of their profit so theyre not a priority to them. On the plus side mines 2 months old, I owe £19600 on it and we buy any car will give me £22,380 for it 😁
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Thrillhouse wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:55 am
Blupuma wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 pm The chip shortage is a bit of a perfect storm. Apparently there are 2 main factories in China that produce these components ( I heard this from someone else so please don’t shoot the messenger !! ). One was destroyed by fire, the other at constrained capacity due to COVID. Car manufacturers reduced their requirements due to the downturn in the market but the spare capacity was snapped up by manufacturers of electrical goods like computers, tablets, phones and the like. Now the car companies are having to wait for their components which, I would imagine is not something they are used to doing.
I read as well that car companies make up something stupid like 6% of their profit so theyre not a priority to them. On the plus side mines 2 months old, I owe £19600 on it and we buy any car will give me £22,380 for it 😁

I know it is hypothetical, but what legal status would you have to sell the car which I assume is still owned by the finance company? Just wondering. :?:
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thrillhouse, If you could sell your car for a profit you'll probably pay over the odds for a replacement.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Thrillhouse

Post by Thrillhouse »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:27 pm
Thrillhouse wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:55 am

I know it is hypothetical, but what legal status would you have to sell the car which I assume is still owned by the finance company? Just wondering. :?:
I'm on Ford privilege as I work for Ford so I can't sell or part exchange it until 9 months after it was registered. I assume that's to stop people selling it and making profit off of the discount. But it bodes well for a part exchange in the future as normally by this point I'm in negative equity.