Should I order full led or not

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 pm I’ve got auto main beam disabled until I get a chance to test it, seemed a bit dodgy to me!

Glad to hear the consensus seems to be that it works though
I had it on my focus. 99% it’s spot on but on occasions it gets confused. Red studs at the roadside can make it think it’s the rear of a car so they dip. Occasionally I had to override them when really reflective road signs fooled it into thinking it was a car approaching.

However I used them every time I went out. They very rarely blinded oncoming cars.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 pm I’ve got auto main beam disabled until I get a chance to test it, seemed a bit dodgy to me!

Glad to hear the consensus seems to be that it works though
They work perfectly for me. The first time I had them was in my Fiesta Active. No one mentioned that it had them and I'd not seen it before, I thought it was voodoo when my lights dipped before I could do it manually the first time.. I had that for two and half years and it never let me down. Now I have it on the Puma and it's one of those things that are on the must have list going forward.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
TomekPL

Post by TomekPL »

Good afternoon, I am new to this forum. Just about to buy Puma, would anyone let me know how to find what what the headlight that specific car have.
it is state it as Headlamps - Fixed DSS (LED). no ide what does it means.
thank you
Seth

Post by Seth »

Fixed means full LED in front. It is an option.
There are LED DRL and low beam as standard.
You can launch configurator in Ford's polish site, it's well described.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Why is this thread in 'Introductions'? :?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Because "Do I buy a hybrid or non hybrid" is also in 'Introductions'.
And it was my first post here.
RevRock

Post by RevRock »

Just taken delivery of a new Puma. The old one had the same dipped and main beam lights.
The new one has the bright dipped beam but the yellow tinged main beam.
Is this right?
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

RevRock wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm Just taken delivery of a new Puma. The old one had the same dipped and main beam lights.
Is this right?
Depends what model you have. The Vignale has full LED dipped/mains but with other models this is an optional extra.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Billywhizz

Post by Billywhizz »

RevRock wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:04 pm Just taken delivery of a new Puma. The old one had the same dipped and main beam lights.
Is this right?
i have the same on my ST-line X loving the auto high beam feature, enable high beam like using a dimmer switch ( might make the bulbs last longer)
ST line X,155 PS Desert Island Blue, Winter Pack, Drivers Assistance Pack, Panoramic roof and Handsfree Power Tailgate
Rubyju

Post by Rubyju »

Hi just received my Ruby Ltd Ed, which is nothing short of amazing.
Unfortunately I didn't go for the Full Led option, and it's true that when in full light, that yellowish tint is a bit disappointing.

Apart from from trying to upgrade with better bulbs, would fit in aftermarket FULL LED unit work, or it needs to be done at the factory?
I searched online and it looks like I can find FULL LED units (although they're quite expensive)
ST-Line X 155 Ruby Ltd Edition Automatic 2023